Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
Welcome. I love all those Jeeps man. I smiled during the entire read. Maybe the Grand Wagoneer will be something the XK owners will like.
I think the only thing that would make the the new Grand Waggy replace my Commander in the driveway is if it had a SFA(solid front axle). We all know thats not going to happen! I was saddened to see that the new GC has IRS now instead of the solid rear that it did have. I was a Toyota guy breifly back in the early 80's when I was a Toyota Tech. I loved their solid front axle trucks but then they went IFS and I went back to Jeep. Unfortunately all the manufacturers have left the SFA design behind and now even the SRA.

My Commander may find a pair of D-60's under it one day. I've done 5 SFA swaps on Toyota trucks and its really not all that difficult but those were all done with pre-fabbed kits. The XK will be a challenge but it will work. I'm guessing a complete sub-frame and long armed/coil over front, 4 link/coil over rear. Now I just have to convince my wife hahaha!