Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: NO LONGER FS: Jeepin by AL HD Upper Control Arms

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar

NO LONGER FS: Jeepin by AL HD Upper Control Arms

I hate to get rid of them, but I've decided to go a different route. I ordered them last week Tuesday and installed them on Thursday so they are pretty much brand new. They are the Gen 6.5 UCA's with Hummer H1 Ball Joints. I also have a spare H1 ball joint that I got right from JBA. These control arms are totally rebuildable, unlike the OEM UCA's and correct alignment issues on lifted XK's/WK's. After install, I had my Jeep aligned and for the first time in over 3 1/2 years they were able to get it within spec. Looking for $400 shipped to you door and they will come with the extra H1 ball joint and all stickers that were sent to me.

Last edited by 07JeepXK; 04-19-2012 at 02:48 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    How much are you selling them for? so people know!

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    How much are you selling them for? so people know!
    That would probably help right. Updated original post.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    if you don't mide me asking, why are you getting rid of them already?
    2006 Jeep Commander Limited, 4.7L, QDII, 4" Superlift Supension Lift, Procomp Xtreme Mud Terrain Tires 285 70R17, Mickey Thompson Classic ii Wheels 17X9, AEM Brute Force CAI, Superchip flashpaque, 4XGuard belly guard, 4XGuard Front Guard, Rear Grab handles and Defender Roof Rack.

Well I thought the UCAs were restricting my down travel due to the steering knuckle hitting the coil/strut assembly. I had Matt get some measurements for me since he is also running OME HD coils (w/ oem uca's) and it turns out that we have the exact amount of down travel. So now Im debating what im going to do. Limiting straps are out of the question because when you add a lift to IFS without using drop down brackets like supplied in the superlift kit you are already losing crazy down travel due to the lift. To run the limiting straps properly, id literally have about 1 inch of down travel. If it was a pavement princess I probably wouldnt care. But this isnt the case. I have a few weeks left to get my XK ready for a trip to Groves Grog Mud Bog.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 04-20-2012 at 09:34 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    * HD coils in mine. But that doesn't effect the fully extended length of the strut regardless.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    * HD coils in mine. But that doesn't effect the fully extended length of the strut regardless.
    I meant to write HD. Not sure why i wrote MD.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Can't you make some drop down brackets

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Drop down brackets for what? The way the UCAs are installed would require a pretty extensive unibody modification and then you'd have to lower the LCA too or you'll mess up the kinematic relationship.... at that point just buy the superlift.

King Coilovers and JBA UCA's or Superlift and OEM UCA's......decisions decisions. I see a Frankenlift in my future.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information