Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Shoes and No Bumper

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar

New Shoes and No Bumper

Just got some new 265/70/17r Load E Good year Wrangler Duratracs!!! I did the pinch weld mod, but was still left with some annoying rubbing on the plastic fender flares. I ended up removing the fenders and then decided, "might aswell take the bumper off while I'm at it" haha . Without all that plastic, I have so much more tire clearance in the front end. I'm going to try and relocate the washer fluid resevoir as it sticks out unprotected without the bumper on, any suggestions on a good relocation spot?
    Thanks, Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	053.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	90.9 KB 
ID:	1239  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	051.jpg 
Views:	170 
Size:	95.0 KB 
ID:	1237  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	048.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	1238  

2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    that looks pretty damned good with the matrix on there!!

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Are you sure those are 265/70's? They look huge for some reason, more like a 285/70.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I thought the same thing... but the rear looks about right. Tires always look bigger when you can see more of the tread...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I never got around to relocating mine but with all the wheeling I've done I never hit either.

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    hmm I like the no bumper look for some reason. good on ya
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

My only problem is that without the fender flares and therefore wheel wells, alot of mud and clay gets right up in my door hinges and engine compartment. I remember once seeing a thread about someone making their own wheel wells with some type of roofing liner, but I can't seem to find it. Has anyone done something similar to this?
    Thanks, Ross
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Quote Originally Posted by psycho787 View Post
    My only problem is that without the fender flares and therefore wheel wells, alot of mud and clay gets right up in my door hinges and engine compartment. I remember once seeing a thread about someone making their own wheel wells with some type of roofing liner, but I can't seem to find it. Has anyone done something similar to this?
    Thanks, Ross
    That was me you were referring to. I got a 10ft long by 3ft wide roll of roofing rubber for my inner fender wells. Its thick enough to where it wont rip, but still flexible at the same time. I have installed it yet because I didnt end up cutting an inch off all the way around on my fender flares yet. It will happen soon, but my new 285's cleared with minor trimming. Plus I still waiting for my friend to weld in new steel plate in my pinch weld area I cut out so there was no point in installing the rubber because it would have to come right back out for him to do that.

So you never answered. Are you sure those tires arent 285's? They look to big to be 265's. It was mentioned that they might just look bigger because you have the bumper and flares off. Also I noticed you have the daystar lift and I dont think that lifts the XK nearly as much as the OME HD Coils.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Cool I'll prolly go pick some up soon. My Duratracs are in fact 265's but without the bumper, they do give the impression of a larger 285 tire. I am very eager to get the OME lift as the Daystar lift does not quiet give me the amount of lift I want. Since I already have the RR rear 2" lift shocks, I was thinking of just getting the OME HD front struts/springs and HD rear springs. I also want to run a small strut spacer to get a bit of added height. Would I need to remove the spacer I have in the rear, or would I just swap in the spring and leave the spacer?

Quote Originally Posted by psycho787 View Post
    Cool I'll prolly go pick some up soon. My Duratracs are in fact 265's but without the bumper, they do give the impression of a larger 285 tire. I am very eager to get the OME lift as the Daystar lift does not quiet give me the amount of lift I want. Since I already have the RR rear 2" lift shocks, I was thinking of just getting the OME HD front struts/springs and HD rear springs. I also want to run a small strut spacer to get a bit of added height. Would I need to remove the spacer I have in the rear, or would I just swap in the spring and leave the spacer?
    The rear spacers wont be needed in the rear once you swap in OME HD coils. If you double stacked the lift you would have a bunch of other things that would need to be addressed like extending the brake lines, adjustable upper and lower control arms and adjustable track bar.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information