Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New Shoes and No Bumper

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    How big is the daystar rear spacer? If its only ~1" (which it might be if the daystar lift tends to run shorter) then its possible to leave it in. I used the Monroe LL shocks to get an extra inch from the rear of mine but eventually plan on making a 1" spacer and moving onto a more performance oriented shock

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Good catch Matt. I never thought about the rear spacer being smaller than the other lift spacers on the market. If your only talking an inch I wouldnt be to worried about needing any other parts in the rear end. Regardless, one thing I do recommend on any lifted XK that goes off road is a Rusty's Adjustable rear track bar. More and more members are finding that their rear drive shaft hits the gas tank/skid when the rear is articulated. The last thing you want to do is ruin an expensive drive shaft.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Which reminds me.... I need to bend my gas tank skid back in place.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Which reminds me.... I need to bend my gas tank skid back in place.
    Just cut the skid like I did. No more rubbing on my XK.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    The Daystar lift is prolly closer to 2" then 1". When I get the OME lift, I will prolly only run it with a small strut spacer upfront as that will give me the amount of lift I want. All this talk of reagearing has me thinking about just picking up those 3.55's from cmdrjim and getting a local shop to swap them in.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Most lifts raise the front more than the rear. So if the front was lifted 1.5-2" then its possible that the rear spacer is close to 1". It's worth measuring it and using it if its a shorter spacer. I believe my rear RC spacer was ~1.75"....

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Oh yea i forgot about that, my bad haha, the spacers are bigger in the front to level and give a full 2".
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information