Well today I thought I'd work on a new project.
All my Commander projects have progressed very slooowly, and sometimes it will be so long between working on it that I spend most of my time trying to figure out where I left off the last time !!

As I get more time I will also try to share some of my success and more "others" like this.

This project also represents the normal luck I have. My goal was to install rear disconnects. As soon as I removed my tire I knew my day had just begun ! Isn't something supposed to be connected in this next picture ??? LOL.. Oh just FYI, the missing bolt is 12mm X 1.75 X 70mm long... never thought I would need to know that...

Soooo My plan was to install a pair of JKS # 2001 disconnects that I know work on a 2 1/2 lift.. I was hoping that it would work on my 4" ... Mmmm not so fast.. with max extension ( perhaps 1/2 " or so screwed in ) I am approx. 1 3/4 " shorter than the one that came with my lift.

Now, does the shorter length really hurt and if so how much ?? How much stress is on the link and can it handle max extension ? Should I not use them at all ? Should I try to use a female coupling and a short piece of threaded rod to try and extend it ? If extended would it hold up ??

I always end up with more questions than answerers !!

I've solved most of my other " others" but needed to get more active again on the forum...so .. any and all thoughts are welcome..