Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Disabling TPMS with Flashpaq

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar

Disabling TPMS with Flashpaq

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I recently installed 285/70R17 Goodyear Wrangler MT/R's with Kevlar on Black Rock Series 997 wheels with rubber valve stems. I used my Superchips Flashpaq to disable the TPMS using the TPMS OFF ROAD setting. No more dummy light on the dash since I dont have the oem TPMS sensors in the wheels.

Ooooh I like that flashpaq trick..... you don't get any codes since there aren't any sensors responding to the module? I'm still having issues with my OEM sensors and haven't seen a TSB yet, so I've just been ignoring the warning light.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 05-01-2012 at 06:28 AM.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Ooooh I like that flashpaq trick..... you don't get any codes since there aren't any sensors responding to the module? I'm still having issues with my OEM sensors and haven't seen a TSB yet, so I've just been ignoring the warning light.
    Absolutly no codes, no issues and no dummy lights. The flashpaq totally disables everything with the tpms. Only downfall is I'll have to check the tire pressure manually now everyonce and a while just to ensure all four tires are at the proper psi. Its no different now then any other vehicle back in the day that didnt have tpms sensors. Do you have a flashpaq? If so i would just disable it so you dont have that stupid light and just keep an eye on air pressure.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I do have the flashpaq.... but sounds like I need to do a software update. I don't remember seeing that setting, only being able to adjust the PSI that the sensors target.

I do have the flashpaq.... but sounds like I need to do a software update. I don't remember seeing that setting, only being able to adjust the PSI that the sensors target.
    Hmmm. I havent updated my Flashpaq since I got it several years ago. Its under the Advance settings, in the same area where you adjust the tire size and gear ratio. I remember seeing the PSI sensor target your referring to. Ill take a picture tonight on my flashpaq showing the menu.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

....oh man now you have me worried they may have removed it due to legal issues. Ill hook mine up after I see your pic to see if its the same.

....oh man now you have me worried they may have removed it due to legal issues. Ill hook mine up after I see your pic to see if its the same.
    Pug in your flashpaq
    Choose Aditional Features
    Advance Functions
    Tire Pressure
    TPMS OFF ROAD
    Enable OFF ROAD SETTING!

Mine doesnt have it

What software version do you have??

Mine:

Figured it out!!

Had to do an internet update and it's a new (free) add-on to select! Awesome, cant wait to install it and see what it does.... wondering if it'll still show the TPMS reading on the dash, but not throw the warning when i lose sensor connection.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    See if you can monitor trans temp now. Just wondering if the update fixes that issue as well or did they just update hoaxci5 flash pack.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information