Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disabling TPMS with Flashpaq

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Will do. I'll take the Jeep for a ride tonight when I get home. What menu is the trans temp monitor in?

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Mine doesnt have it

What software version do you have??
    Im not sure what software version I have. I would have to check it out later tonight when I get out of work. All I know is that my flashpaq hasnt been plugged into a computer since the day I got it and that was probably over two years ago.

Figured it out!!

Had to do an internet update and it's a new (free) add-on to select! Awesome, cant wait to install it and see what it does.... wondering if it'll still show the TPMS reading on the dash, but not throw the warning when i lose sensor connection.
    Glad you got it figured out! I cant answer that question for you because I have a 2007 4.7 Liter Sport and my XK doesnt show the TPMS reading on the dash like yours. Mine only shows the dummy light so you have to check each tire to figure out which one is low. But my guess would be that it wont show the reading on your dash because it completely disables the TPMS. Let us know!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    There are two spots that have trans temp on mine, and only one works. I can't recall where it was at though, and I'm a long ways away from my jeep currently..

Turning off the TPMS turns it off completely, it won't even show in the menu when you click through the EVIC.

That's good news for me.... I can now turn off my tpms until Chrysler fixes their sensor issues.
    I may actually consider an aftermarket tpms system....maybe someone will make sensors that will report via Bluetooth and work with smartphones....

I made a new thread and merged all the TPMS talk over to here.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Good idea.... was thinking that it should be a separate thread but don't have the "power" lol

Good idea.... was thinking that it should be a separate thread but don't have the "power" lol
    Yeah. For some reason it didnt move the thread as planned and gave you credit for the thread and put my post in the end of the thread. So I just quoted myself edited it into your post which is now the first post. Kind of confusing.

"It" knew I thought of it first.

Thought of starting a new thread...or disabling TPMS with flashpaq...lol

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    I have had the light on my dahs ever since I removed my spare tire and put in on teh back bumper, then I tore off one receiver while wheeling so my light never turns off.

Guess I know what I need to do with my VIVID before I head to Moab!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information