Thread: Sunroof Issues

Member Looking for Dirt cprokopf's Avatar

Sunroof Issues

My WK has a stock sunroof that is acting up. When I stut off the Jeep is automatically closes. When it closes it is not sitting flush with the top of my Jeep. I had this problem a couple years ago and it fixed itself. Anyone know how I can reset the "closed" setting?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I'd try some cycling of the buttons.... open, close, restart Jeep, open, close, etc. Then open it and disconnect the battery, turn the key on and let it sit for 15 minutes.

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    if you hold the "V" button for like 3-5 seconds it should re calibrate itself.
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Senior Member Getting Dirty Adondo's Avatar
    Mine did the same crap last year. It made horrendous stripping gear noises, and didn't close.

The service bulletin sounds silly, but it works. You open and close it five times in a row, and it'll re-calibrate itself. Somehow the link cable(s) gets misaligned.

I also got a ladder and went up and cleaned and lubed the tracks before doing it.
    2006, 4.7L, QTII, Toyo Wild Country M/T 265/70R17 tires, Ultrasport 175 wheels, Rocky Road 2.25'' lift kit, HID off-road lighting, Surco 50x60 roof rack, Foxwing awning, Superchips performance programming.

I used the old Super Contra code from Nintendo....up down, up down, left right, left right, select start and now it's working! I appreciate the help. I actually just held each button by itslef for about 5 seconds until it recaliberated.

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar

Question

SPEAKING OF SUNROOFS...

Back in March, when we had 12 straight days of 70+ degrees, I applied the spring wax and detail to mine. Because I'd heard of sunroof leaking issues on Commanders, I've been watching mine closely. Nothing spotted SO far (and it's parked outdoors, 24/7/365), but when I was detailing mine, I decided to wax (spray wax) the metal around & inside the sunroof, get all the grime out, and Armor-All the seals - just to keep everything clean & pristine.

Was this a good idea? Or should you just let the 'gunk' build up, so as to ensure a tighter seal? What's the prevailing thought on that matter.

Mine opens and closes just fine, FYI.
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

I believe the sunroof has some sort of lithium grease installed from the factory to assist in sliding and avoid corrosion. I would avoid over cleaning the tracks in fear of removing this grease.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty XK N00b's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cprokopf View Post
    I used the old Super Contra code from Nintendo....up down, up down, left right, left right, select start and now it's working! I appreciate the help. I actually just held each button by itslef for about 5 seconds until it recaliberated.
    LMAO

Btw, mine rattles and annoys the crap out of me. It's the accordion shaped plastic piece on the passenger side. Grr
    2008 Overland in Black
    Loaded, Leather, 5.7 Hemi QDII,
    All 3 MOPAR Skids, VEC, Tow Pkg., 2" Rough Country Lift, 1 1/4" Spidertrax spacers, 255/75/17 BFG M/T's, Flowmaster 50 series muffler

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cprokopf View Post
    I believe the sunroof has some sort of lithium grease installed from the factory to assist in sliding and avoid corrosion. I would avoid over cleaning the tracks in fear of removing this grease.
    I NOTED that! DIDN'T mess with the tracks - just waxing the body work and Armor-All'ing the seals!
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Thread Information