Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Official Off-road Bumper Thread

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Looks awesome man! How much did it run you if you do not mind me asking?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Member Looking for Dirt powderhorn's Avatar
    $970.00 with tire carrier and jack mount and shackle mounts. Plus $165.00 shipping from Georgia. Shipping may be cheaper depending on location. They are custom to order you can customize to your liking.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by powderhorn View Post
    $970.00 with tire carrier and jack mount and shackle mounts. Plus $165.00 shipping from Georgia. Shipping may be cheaper depending on location. They are custom to order you can customize to your liking.

Wow... I hate to say it, but I think that's significantly less $$$ than the SA option. How is the quality? What do you think of that pivot point for the tire swing? Do you think it will stay running smooth? It sure does look great in the pictures.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Yep I thought it was a pretty good deal. It's 3/16" steel. Most angles are bent on a brake, even the sides with slight bends to fit into the flares. The pivot is super strong. 1-1/4" solid that goes down into the bumper and braced inside. Two roller bearings as in like wheel bearings with a 1" castle nut w/ cotter pin and then a cap. They have these on emsoffroad.com if you wanted to do your own and it shows the specs. It is rated at 1000lb should never be a problem. It is super solid. The mount plates that mount to the sub frame are drilled through at some existing holes and bolted with grade 8 - 3/4" bolts. The mount plate then is bolted to the bumper and then I welded it also. I will get some pictures of the mounting and of how I cut it down some.

Oh forgot, I may add a pull down tension type latch for the tire rack. emsoffroad.com has these also, $40.00 mine has a 1/2"dia. L Spring loaded bolt type. It stays in place but can make a squeaky noise on some dirt roads. The tension type keeps it pulled down tight. A friend of mine has one on a Landcruiser.

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Neat! Did you have to do any modifications to get it mounted like cutting, grinding or welding? There was someone who was saying his front bumper from TAG required some persuasion to finally fit.
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

My front bumper fit really well. The rear was a bit tight, so I took a bottle jack and a 2x4 and spread it out a bit. The rear takes a few more skills. There are 4 side mounts that two small brackets get bolted on and then you have to cut a 3/4" pipe type bracket that they send to fit and then tack weld them. Then I took the bumper off and welded them all up good. Then put the bumper back in place and bolted it up.
    As I said before I did modify the rear more to my liking I cut almost 3" off across the bottom up to the bottom of the shackle mounts. I did this with the plasma cutter and cut the sides to taper down.
    I will post some pics on it in a few days. As soon as I wash all the mud out.
    Last edited by powderhorn; 04-30-2014 at 06:26 AM. Reason: Better description

Rear Tactical Armor Mods

Mods to the Rear Tactical Armor Bumper I did. I cut about 3" across the bottom to the bottom of the shackle mounts and then angled up the sides. After that added a 1" lip on the underside. The tire mount latch they use is ok on the pavement but I have 8 miles of dirt road and it rattles way too much. A lot of Jeep bumpers use a tension latch. I bought one from Graingers, De Sta Co latch #3CXF3 $49.65. Welded a bottom pad and a stop to latch to. Put some self adhesive rubber on , Guardian roof underlayment. It is now solid as a rock. Also bought a Lighted Billet License plate frame to top of the bumper.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	81.2 KB 
ID:	2282  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	187 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	2283  

Click image for larger version. 

Views:	214