Thread: Back In The Game

Junior Member Looking for Dirt OurJeepLife's Avatar

Back In The Game

For more then 4 years we regretted ever selling our 1999 Jeep Wrangler that we worked so hard on. Hand painting the camo and adding allot of simply adjustments to personalize "muffin" as she called it. Spent years dreaming of when we had the doors off and just drove for days.. For some strange reason my wife wanted to get into a 2007 Jeep Commander.. this was the worse jeep we've ever had.. suffering through the issues, bad repairs and a number of misjudged upgrades.. So as of this past Monday the 30th.. we found a great deal on a used 2008 Jeep Wrangler X.. and my wife said this is be our last Jeep.. I've always said; never say never, cause you know when she sees a new jeep she'll want another one. So till then, I expect to have the doors off and replaced with soft doors, relocate the mirrors, take out the rear seat, throw all the camping gear in the back and just have fun.. again.
    Last edited by OurJeepLife; 05-03-2012 at 04:48 AM. Reason: Corrected Typo..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    2004 commander....? Must be type-o?

Corrected typo..

Sorry JeepZJ.. was early in the morning..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Curious what some of the bad repairs and misjudged upgrades were? Anything we can learn from of watch out for?

@Matt I doubt anything I say can offer any advice on what to look out for.. your Commander seem to be set up perfectly.. I was attempting to go this route but ended up have wrong parts installed or the parts which were installed didn't last as long as they should have. I thought I'd give a few good words to these people.. Sears, Monroe just to name a few and in long run.. everything went from bad to worse.. The Commander just never recovered.

Besides.. wife just missed not having doors on anything she drove.. and nothing ever compared to owning a doorless Wrangler..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    There is definitely a huge + having those doors off. About 7-8 years down the road ill probably do the same since the kids will be old enough to safely enjoy a doorless wrangler and I'm sure my XK will Just about be ready for retirement lol.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I give my XK 2 years before its ready for retirement the way im going.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

It's been slow going.. We've risked allot just to get out of that lemon and into this jeep and things will be tight for the next few months. But Husky Liners, DayStar, Masterlock and even Krylon have all sent me things to help support my efforts in maintaining this hero's Jeep. I was approaching this all wrong.. viewing the all my web posts and web sites as just a jeep thing (in the beginning) and I've since spoken with a few friends who don't have jeeps and wanted to tag along.. After thinking that I was limiting myself and my sites. I've opted to create an outdoor page which just so happens to include jeeps and off roading.

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I give my XK 2 years before its ready for retirement the way im going.
    LOL awesome!
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Thread Information