Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Ultimate Jeep today - 2012

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Took my Super Sliders off so the new welder can reverse engineer them and get started on the new batch.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Im not so bent on a 4 inch lift anymore. Especially after seeing how much more ground clearance I have under the front suspension over my buddy thats running the 4 inch. And since Im running 33s also I have the same amount of clearance under the rear axle as him. He only has me by and inch under the belly. If I can get this tube fender project going ill have more then enough room to go with 34's next time around.
    I used to be under the same mind set (trying to convince myself I didn't need the SL because I couldn't afford it). But in reality by adding the SL I gained 3" of down travel (which is a huge improvement especially for us) and by adding the extra inch I didn't loose much clearance under the front diff and was able to easily clear 35s. I was content before running the OME and 295s but down travel was limited and even though my clearance was fine I was constantly lifting tires. And as everyone knows keeping tires on the ground is key. I don't get why guys put the SL on and only run 285s?
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
    I used to be under the same mind set (trying to convince myself I didn't need the SL because I couldn't afford it). But in reality by adding the SL I gained 3" of down travel (which is a huge improvement especially for us) and by adding the extra inch I didn't loose much clearance under the front diff and was able to easily clear 35s. I was content before running the OME and 295s but down travel was limited and even though my clearance was fine I was constantly lifting tires. And as everyone knows keeping tires on the ground is key. I don't get why guys put the SL on and only run 285s?
    What i came to find out that most guys run the 285's on the superlift because they dont want to do all the extra mods (like pinch welds). Plus if you don't do the mods the 285's fit perfect at full flex and when your completely stuffed. However, i well be going to a 305 when my 285's are dead. Do the WK's have more tire clearance then the XK's?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    They seem to. You XK guys seem to have a more difficult time clearing tires than the WKs do.
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
    I used to be under the same mind set (trying to convince myself I didn't need the SL because I couldn't afford it). But in reality by adding the SL I gained 3" of down travel (which is a huge improvement especially for us) and by adding the extra inch I didn't loose much clearance under the front diff and was able to easily clear 35s. I was content before running the OME and 295s but down travel was limited and even though my clearance was fine I was constantly lifting tires.
    Exactly. I want some travel back!

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I would love having more travel up front but would definitely need tube fenders so I could run a minimum of 35s up front with a superlift to gain some of the ground clearance back that you lose with the drop down brackets. We will see what happens. Gears would be needed for s daily driver on 35s
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    I was always hoping to do a SL, and now im even happier I did. I have been able to retain the front travel , greatly extend the rear travel and have the belly clearance and departure of a shorty. I think the only thing that would be better would be keeping a 2.5" lift and doing a LRA tank relocate and cutting the guards for a LCOG 35" tyre type of rig. Which is i think where you are heading 07JeepXK, which will be awesome if you can pull it off!!

Went for my first real wheel last night (not hard though, still waiting on rear shocks) and even without any rear droop at all, and the front swat bar on the new abilities were amazing! I had a couple of hairy moments due to the rear, but the only truck that outdrove me was a brute on 35's. Both JKU's on 35's got bellied up where i walked through! And tracks that used to require some right pedal for me to use I can now crawl at under 5kph.

And thanks again Nathan and 07JeepWK for the info on the pinchweld area, the BFH has given the 35's room to breathe!
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Gave the XK a much needed bath and installed decal on rear window. Looks good but damn Im ready to go wheelin!!!!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Fresh.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	75.7 KB 
ID:	1360Click image for larger version. 

Name:	WP_000280.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	93.0 KB 
ID:	1361
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Gave the XK a much needed bath and installed decal on rear window. Looks good but damn Im ready to go wheelin!!!!
    Dont you hate that I washed mine the other day then I wanted to go fishing and got it all dirty again LOL

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    O jump started a dead battery.... Gotta get out more!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 18 of 52 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread Information