Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Ultimate Jeep today - 2012

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Today was kind of a busy day for the XK and I.. started by rotating the tires, backs came straight forward fronts went to opposite corners, tires are non directional so this seemed the best idea. I also did the passenger side pinch weld mod or I should say re-did since the guy tried doing it before me just sludge hammered the s**t out of it!! Did the best I could since it was a mangled mess, no more rubbing which is the that matters. Greased up the caliper slides to prepare for winter/off roading. Also finally got around to cover the plastic rocker mounting holes with black grip tape and painting the rest with black bedliner. Came out really nice, I didnt like the green grip tape so went with the black and Im glad I did. My CB also came in Friday so I put that in the Jeep as well, just need to figure out how to mount antenna down the road. Here are some shots of todays events, didnt take pics of the pinch weld but here is the rest..

2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Senior Member Getting Dirty Chapman89's Avatar
    Had new Cooper Discoverer HTP's installed at Discount Tire Co... sadly in the OEM size. My Revo 2's were shot to hell making it unpleasant to drive in the rain. Then I posted my cars.com ad But I've decided to pick up an '11-'13 Dodge Challenger R/T; 6 speed of course!
    Current: 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 Speed

Traded: 2006 XK Limited 5.7 QD-2

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Finished fixing the exhaust leak that I had coming from the drivers side manifold. The two rear bolts were snapped right off. I installed a new manifold, new gasket and all new bolts. Total cost was around $120. I should get the XK back tomorrow night from getting the doors fixed. He was starting to paint them as I was leaving
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty lekmedm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Finished fixing the exhaust leak that I had coming from the drivers side manifold. The two rear bolts were snapped right off. I installed a new manifold, new gasket and all new bolts. Total cost was around $120. I should get the XK back tomorrow night from getting the doors fixed. He was starting to paint them as I was leaving
    What did you have to do to access the manifold?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    2007 Commander Overland / 4" SuperLift / 285/70R17 Cooper Discoverer ST Maxx / Rusty's adjustable rear UCAs / Carolina Driveline front drive shaft / Flashpaq / DRLs & Tilting Mirrors / Autolite Iridiums / Cobra 29LX Chrome LE CB & Firestik antenna / Rear fog lights / Mopar Grille Guard with HID driving lights
    "4 wheel drive does not mean 4 wheel stop!" -Lee Goldberg, WABC TV weatherman

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Tested the locker and messed up the front drive shaft! Matt were did you get your drive shaft from?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Dude sorry forgot to text ya back. I was working on Jacobs XJ and was going to look up the torque sequence for ya, but as soon as I finished up I was in a rush to get to my neighbors for dinner and completely forgot till just now.

Quote Originally Posted by stites-xk View Post
    Matt were did you get your drive shaft from?
    factorymoparparts.com

Thanks dude!!

Quote Originally Posted by lekmedm View Post
    What did you have to do to access the manifold?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
    Ummm the drivers side manifold is a pain in the butt. I removed the battery, battery tray, moved the fuse box out of the way and took out the plastic inner fender well liner. It's very tight on that side. My arms are all ripped up from doing the swap. Lol

Tested the locker and messed up the front drive shaft! Matt were did you get your drive shaft from?

I thought you tested the locker the day after the install? And how did you mess up your front drive shaft??

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Dude sorry forgot to text ya back. I was working on Jacobs XJ and was going to look up the torque sequence for ya, but as soon as I finished up I was in a rush to get to my neighbors for dinner and completely forgot till just now.

factorymoparparts.com
    It's all good. I just torqued them from the center out. Did and X pattern on the 4 middle bolts and then the same on the outers.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 10-21-2012 at 03:02 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Yes i tested the locker the day after but not to hard. Yesterday i put it through hell and it worked great. Dont know how i messed up the drive shaft maybe to much gas or something. Completely ripped the boot off grease everywhere. Now i also did something were i have a loud hollow thump when i go over speed bumps. Thinking something with my struts and UCA plus steering rack it tour up. Rough day yesterday!!

Yes i tested the locker the day after but not to hard. Yesterday i put it through hell and it worked great. Dont know how i messed up the drive shaft maybe to much gas or something. Completely ripped the boot off grease everywhere. Now i also did something were i have a loud hollow thump when i go over speed bumps. Thinking something with my struts and UCA plus steering rack it tour up. Rough day yesterday!!

I totally forgot that you have the 4 inch lift. So your front drive shaft angles downward from the transfer case due to the drop down brackets on the front differential. That is added stress on the oem shaft.

Page 42 of 52 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread Information