Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Ultimate Jeep today - 2012

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    That looks excellent - I imagine you sanded it down some before painting.
    Thanks. I used a wire brush first then a little lite sand paper then the paint. With the lift and larger tires I could see it and it bugged me.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Loaded up the bikes for tomorrow.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by madrock View Post
    Where do you get the metal tube from?
    Sorry for the delay
    The one on the left was bought @ Ace Hardware, its a spacer. The one on the right is a 1/2 water pipe that was cut to fit. All of the hardware (except unistruts) was bought at Ace Hardware.

Thanks again all. I had forgot what it was like to have a newborn around again lol.

Congrats BonesWK
    Last edited by pjmjr508; 05-24-2012 at 11:13 PM.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Member Looking for Dirt CT-riverrat's Avatar
    Threw on some new front pads and rotors. While I have run into rotors being rusted on to the hub, I didn't realize the wheels could do the same to the rotors. When I went to swap my tires front to back, the rears were actually stuck onto the rotors. Thank God for power blaster and a five pound sledge hammer. ( I was prepared for the front rotors). Might be a good idea to coat them in anti-seize, I did before re-installing them. I'm really glad I didn't find this out on a busy highway, on a dark night.
    07 5.7L, loaded, QDII, RR 2.25lift, Spider trax 1.5", Weston bull bar

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CT-riverrat View Post
    Threw on some new front pads and rotors. While I have run into rotors being rusted on to the hub, I didn't realize the wheels could do the same to the rotors. When I went to swap my tires front to back, the rears were actually stuck onto the rotors. Thank God for power blaster and a five pound sledge hammer. ( I was prepared for the front rotors). Might be a good idea to coat them in anti-seize, I did before re-installing them. I'm really glad I didn't find this out on a busy highway, on a dark night.
    Once you get all 5 lug nuts off, just give the top of the tire a GOOD kick. It will come right off everytime.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt madrock's Avatar
    I got some new 245/70/17 Hankook DynaPro ATM's put on my stock XK, and I Plasti-Dipped my wheels yesterday. Discount Tire had a $100 rebate going this weekend, so I got new tires sooner then I was expecting.

I originally had 245/75/17 but I was worried about hitting that pesky UCA bolt.
    2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4x4

After brakes ans sway bar end links. I took the XK to the movies Old skool!

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CT-riverrat View Post
    After brakes ans sway bar end links. I took the XK to the movies Old skool!
    AHh man friggin sweet!!!!!!!!!!

I miss the drive in movies. There was one I use to go to in high school and I believe it's still there. So what movies did ya watch?
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

We saw Avengers, by the time dark shadows was going to start, It was about 11PM and we called it a night. Still, it was a lot of fun. Most states still have drive in movie theaters, Just google drive in movies with your state. I'm betting you'll find one within an hour drive. (unless your really out in the sticks somewhere).

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Took off the drivers side fender and put the old style back on too match the new bumper up too.
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 8 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread Information