Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Ultimate Jeep today - 2012

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Reinstalled all of my skids (had them off for my trans work) and then trimmed the gas tank skid so my driveshaft stops hitting it:

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Lt_JWS's Avatar
    this was last weekend... ah well....

took the third row out and covered a piece of plywood for a level surface, had to move a "big" mini fridge....
    2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II |2 1/2" Lift | K&N Filter| Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | Leather, heated seats, Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle |1.25" front/1" rear spacers | JK Wheels | 245/75R17 Nitto TG

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Like a great THINKER, I sat in a camping chair for about 1.5 hrs today thinking of ways to further the progress on my Jeep. I walked around clockwise a few times, then counter clockwise. Sometimes I would stop, scratch my head, and rub chin then keep walking. Then I'd sit down, and think further. Then I'd get up look underneath and lay underneath, lol. It was a good morning.

Oh, and I also cleaned, sanded, and impact marks on my Sliders. Today was fun.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Removed the roofrack & dropped it off at a welding shop to have it welded into 1 sold piece verse the 3 separate pieces held together with screws. The reason why for this is water gets in & rusts from the inside out & leaves rust stains all over the XK when the water leaks out. also the welding shop will be fabing a spare tire mount in the rack. Had the Xk washed. Flushed the engine, Changed the oil W/M1 Full Syn. Cleaned the CAI filter. removed all the skid plates (exception of fuel tank skid) to pound back out & paint. Drain & filled T-Case & Rear Diff. Used Mopar NV245 Fluid for T-Case. M1 75-140 W Friction Mod additive for rear diff. Did not change the front diff fluid because it appears to look like it has a leak, the cv on the pass side appears to be wet. Having the shop look at it, its covered under my Extended Warranty 0 deductible. Grounded the TB using a 12g wire. Added a fuel additive to clean out the fuel lines. cleaned out the TB butterfly area (currently set off check engine light). removed the battery pos & neg for about 20 to 30 min today & it did not turn off the check eng light. I also removed the gas cap & re attached it as well. I will see if it still on tomorrow after some time for the XK to sit. if still an issue will use the flashpaq to see if it will reset it. Tomorrow after the wife is taken care of I might be able to install the unistrut bars I had & painted so when I get the rack back it will have lower profile.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That's one hell of a list! Why don't you use the flashpack to see what the engine light is on for? Might be something simple like you forgot to plug the IAT sensor back in after cleaning the intake....

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    That's one hell of a list! Why don't you use the flashpack to see what the engine light is on for? Might be something simple like you forgot to plug the IAT sensor back in after cleaning the intake....
    LOL the weather has been great here lately plus I am on 2 week vacation decided to get a bunch done. The light went off today while driving, I had forgot to plug in the sensor that was in the CAI tube.

Whats left is to do from that list is drop the XK off to have the front diff looked at. Clean up pound out the skids & paint where needed. They earned the price I paid for them will post pics this week.
    It will be probably a week or so before I get the roof rack back as well.

Most of the remainder on the list will be completed this week.

I will say I think grounding the TB plate does help the throttle response at least for the Hemi's.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Yesterday we drove it to Moab.... Today is a whole new story
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Jealous Much!
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Member Looking for Dirt madrock's Avatar
    I made a roof top light bar from unistrut, wired up some Rigid Dually's, and installed my Contura rocker switches with my Saguaro4x switch panel.
    2007 Jeep Commander Sport 4x4

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Wheeled 7 Mile Rim at The Ultimate Jeep Summit in Moab!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Page 4 of 52 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread Information