Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
Im not so bent on a 4 inch lift anymore. Especially after seeing how much more ground clearance I have under the front suspension over my buddy thats running the 4 inch. And since Im running 33s also I have the same amount of clearance under the rear axle as him. He only has me by and inch under the belly. If I can get this tube fender project going ill have more then enough room to go with 34's next time around.
I used to be under the same mind set (trying to convince myself I didn't need the SL because I couldn't afford it). But in reality by adding the SL I gained 3" of down travel (which is a huge improvement especially for us) and by adding the extra inch I didn't loose much clearance under the front diff and was able to easily clear 35s. I was content before running the OME and 295s but down travel was limited and even though my clearance was fine I was constantly lifting tires. And as everyone knows keeping tires on the ground is key. I don't get why guys put the SL on and only run 285s?