Not just today but over the weekend I put it up on the lift and took care of a few things: Trans filters and fluid change (and it still makes the whining noise in gear ) 16 new spark plugs, air filter, and I finally replaced the inner tie-rod that I have had the part sitting in under the seat for two years now. The tie-rod was a very easy repair by the way. I had also found some stainless steel cable ties that I used to replace the crimp-clamp on the boot.

I also finally got out the hydraulic ram to try and straighten out the lower radiator support that I bent on a tree stump hidden under the mud about four years ago. It's better now but still not quite right.

The whole weekend I kept looking at the shredded front diff mount (the rear one - common failure) and not feeling enthused about trying to drop the diff to replace it, I ended up dropping the Jeep off at the dealer today and they took care of it for me. They billed me for 3.5 hours, but I'm sure it saved me some busted knuckles and a lot of frustration. I have had that part under the seat with the new tie rod for about a year now...