Nice!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    x2 nice
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Member Looking for Dirt redrockv8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I don't have TPMS sensors. When I bought the new wheels and tires I decided to just use regular valve stems and set my Flashpaq on off road setting so the TPMS is completely disabled.
    If I ever spring for a Flashpaq turning off the TPMS will be my first tweak. Apparently my Commander wasn't smart enough to re-set on it's own. I drove about 30 miles after the rotation at speeds up to 55 and no slower than 45 and the next day is when the light came on.
    HT

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Lt_JWS's Avatar
    Water pump went out today at 109K, wasn't bad to replace... remove mechanical fan, belt and belt tensioner.

2006 XK 4.7V8 | Quadra-Drive II |2 1/2" Lift | K&N Filter| Port and Polished Throttle Body| Magnaflow# 12256 | Leather, heated seats, Command View| Factory Tow hooks | Full factory skids | Rear D-Ring Shackle |1.25" front/1" rear spacers | JK Wheels | 245/75R17 Nitto TG

Member Looking for Dirt redrockv8's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulf550 View Post
    Well this didn't happen today, but my wife surprised me with some LED off road lights from rigid industries, 40" E-series light bar and a pair of dually D2s.

Attachment 1734

Attachment 1735

Attachment 1736

Attachment 1737
    Love those lights on the bumper. Which ones did you get and how bright are they? I assume they are brighter than Hella 500's.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gulf550 View Post
    Well this didn't happen today, but my wife surprised me with some LED off road lights from rigid industries, 40" E-series light bar and a pair of dually D2s.

Attachment 1734

Attachment 1735

Attachment 1736

Attachment 1737
    Your going to love that light bar and duals there the brightest lights I've seen in awhile man. My friend turned his bar on and light the whole field up it was awesome and on my wish list for sure. Color me jealous

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Last day of 2012 and I spent most of the day trying to track down a popping sound in the front of my jeep. It's driving me nuts! Thought it would go away when i replaced all my control arms... nope. Almost sounds like the engine carriage shifting but all those bolts are snug. Going to change my diff fluid in case its internal in there, and check my new front driveshaft.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    I'm not sure if you have wheel spacers or not but mine made a poping noise. I know it sounds crazy but all of a sudden one day, my front end started making this pop sound with a slight vibration and it got louder with speed. Put it on the lift at the local shop an dinitially we thought it was the t case. But we went with the simplest thing first. We impacted the spacers down as tight as we could. after a test drive, the pop sound and slight vibration it had was gone. Now about every 6 months or so, I impact them again just for good measure.

Another thing to check while you're in your front diff, is the play in the ring and pinion. Hopefully all the hard wheeling you do hasn't wore them any or any of the ring/pinion bearings.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

No wheel spacers. And I've had pretty much every part of my friend end apart/re-torqued when i replaced my UCAs and LCAs last week.

It makes no noises at speed. Only turning into my driveway and such. Was worried it was the steering rack but I'm able to turn the wheel lock-to-lock while not moving (a lot of stress on the rack) and can't replicate the sound. Also ruled out pinion bearing wear with cycling suspension stress (power brake F/R & slight rolling) and can't get it to make the sound.

It's a really weird sound.... I've dealt with and tracked down a lot of suspension noises in my day, both on my vehicles and at the shop, and this ones got me a bit stumped. I'll have to get one of my buddies to drive the vehicle while I stand on the outside and try to track down where the noise is coming from.

No wheel spacers. And I've had pretty much every part of my friend end apart/re-torqued when i replaced my UCAs and LCAs last week.

It makes no noises at speed. Only turning into my driveway and such. Was worried it was the steering rack but I'm able to turn the wheel lock-to-lock while not moving (a lot of stress on the rack) and can't replicate the sound. Also ruled out pinion bearing wear with cycling suspension stress (power brake F/R & slight rolling) and can't get it to make the sound.

It's a really weird sound.... I've dealt with and tracked down a lot of suspension noises in my day, both on my vehicles and at the shop, and this ones got me a bit stumped. I'll have to get one of my buddies to drive the vehicle while I stand on the outside and try to track down where the noise is coming from.

Page 50 of 52 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 LastLast

Thread Information