Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Ultimate Jeep today - 2012

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Pulled the front skids in prep for an oil change and swap out of the rack and pinion unit. Noticed that my rear diff mount bushing is completly shot. Since its mounted on a SL drop bracket, it should be an easy replacemet.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    That is one nice thing about the drop brackets. Makes getting to those bolts a little easier now! When is the rack swap happening?
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Dont you hate that I washed mine the other day then I wanted to go fishing and got it all dirty again LOL
    Any other car Ive owned yes, but its almost like I wash it to get it dirty all over again!! Childish I know but hey we all have our inner child show sometimes!!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Omelet View Post
    When is the rack swap happening?
    I haven't decided yet whether to get a new ($675) or rebuilt ($280) but I need to decide soon as I leave for Cali on July 21! I waiting for resolution on the AEV wheel issue also because I don't want to replace the R&P unit then bend the tie-rods again.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TrialByFire View Post
    I haven't decided yet whether to get a new ($675) or rebuilt ($280) but I need to decide soon as I leave for Cali on July 21! I waiting for resolution on the AEV wheel issue also because I don't want to replace the R&P unit then bend the tie-rods again.

Just be sure you get the correct rack. I've heard that the rebuilt WK racks dont work on the XK's. And the problem with that is most places dont know what the rebuilt rack originally came out of. So make sure it definiately came out of an XK.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    I went with a new OEM rack when mine was swapped, but that's only because I was getting a deal. Where in Cali are you headed?!
    [05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Finally got the Jeep dirty again!

2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Did you get stuck???
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Yessir!

Had to winch off a KK to get out, i think i gave it a wheelbase extension :-)

The ditch was deeper than the Jeep, as was the track on the left hand side of the Jeep where it is in the pic. Had to try and go far left, then cross over and pop out on the ridge. Almost made it!

More pics here

http://s108.photobucket.com/albums/n...e/GHM%20Jun12/
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

That's awesome!! It's nice seeing others wheel there Jeep like I do!

Page 19 of 52 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread Information