Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Ultimate Jeep today - 2012

Senior Member Getting Dirty CmmdrDan's Avatar
    Finally got rid of the annoying clank from the rear end. Tightened. Up the sway bar. Heading back down to OBX at the end of the week. So it would have been really bad listening to that the whole way!
    Last edited by CmmdrDan; 09-24-2012 at 05:45 PM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I left for Charlotte stopped to wash the jeep on the way out that took forever. Stopped for gas 1hr later set the pump ran inside for coffee and the pump never shut off I leaked about 3 gallons on the floor but the jeep stunk real bad. Found another car wash 30mn later I was getting stick at this point my lips were numb. I guess I still had some mud stuck in there that soaked up the fuel and kept it from evaporating.

Then my hotel was so nasty I had to check out and wash all my clean clothes again because they smelled just from being left in the room overnight. My eyes were watering for hours after I left that place. I didn't even know hotels still had smoking rooms but they do because I got one with extra room mates the roaches allowed me to spend the night with them LOL I complained to my work they got my roomed switched but when I got back there the power was off in the hotel WTF then they fumigated for the roaches they said didn't have LOL so they smelled real good. I just snapped at that point packed all my stuff up thew the key at the person at the front desk and left. I'm in the Drury Inn now great place modern clean free hot breakfast and dinner plus a drink card with 3 free drinks for every night LOL Then on the way to the new hotel all worked up and T'd off I slammed my knee into the key while driving! Everything shut off except the engine was still running but showing 0 RPM weird. Threw a bunch of codes 10 of them in all even one that said original VIN mismatch Any way I cleared them off and they stayed off so far been a weird few days.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Installed an Aussie Locker in the rear end of the XK. Spin test was a success. I'm locked now!!!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    I left for Charlotte stopped to wash the jeep on the way out that took forever. Stopped for gas 1hr later set the pump ran inside for coffee and the pump never shut off I leaked about 3 gallons on the floor but the jeep stunk real bad. Found another car wash 30mn later I was getting stick at this point my lips were numb. I guess I still had some mud stuck in there that soaked up the fuel and kept it from evaporating.

Then my hotel was so nasty I had to check out and wash all my clean clothes again because they smelled just from being left in the room overnight. My eyes were watering for hours after I left that place. I didn't even know hotels still had smoking rooms but they do because I got one with extra room mates the roaches allowed me to spend the night with them LOL I complained to my work they got my roomed switched but when I got back there the power was off in the hotel WTF then they fumigated for the roaches they said didn't have LOL so they smelled real good. I just snapped at that point packed all my stuff up thew the key at the person at the front desk and left. I'm in the Drury Inn now great place modern clean free hot breakfast and dinner plus a drink card with 3 free drinks for every night LOL Then on the way to the new hotel all worked up and T'd off I slammed my knee into the key while driving! Everything shut off except the engine was still running but showing 0 RPM weird. Threw a bunch of codes 10 of them in all even one that said original VIN mismatch Any way I cleared them off and they stayed off so far been a weird few days.
    Wow now that is a few bad experiences if I say so myself lol (aside from the 3 free drinks)
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Installed an Aussie Locker in the rear end of the XK. Spin test was a success. I'm locked now!!!
    Awesome man!! I can't wait to see that in action
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Senior Member Getting Dirty Chapman89's Avatar

What brings you to Charlotte? Btw, I just got back from watching my brother graduate from Basic in FT. Leonardwood. AIT started today for dive school, 90% wash out rate! lol

Anyways got that free oil change from the stealership a week ago, those guys didn't see anything wrong with my axle *clicking sound*. Their best guess was calipers sticking? I'm not sure they even looked after getting that response! haha
    Last edited by Chapman89; 09-25-2012 at 06:53 PM.
    Current: 2013 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 Speed

Traded: 2006 XK Limited 5.7 QD-2

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    Awesome man!! I can't wait to see that in action
    You probably won't see it in action. I'm really thinking about pulling it right back out. It is soo loud when you make a right or left turn from a stop. I'm not impressed at all. I'm actually pissed that I didn't wait for the powertrax no slip to be available. This Aussie should only be installed in a rig that's pulled by trailer.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chapman89 View Post
    What brings you to Charlotte?
    Now that I'm out of the army I decided to drive a truck for a living so I hired on with Schneider. They have a OC here so going threw orientation in Charlotte this is my last week doing that thank god LOL

Now that I'm out of the army I decided to drive a truck for a living so I hired on with Schneider. They have a OC here so going threw orientation in Charlotte this is my last week doing that thank god LOL
    Glad to see ya found something. What distances will you be driving on the job?
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Transmission shop said my oil pan was leaking because it seems to have "hit something". Never thought I actually knicked anything last year at uwharrie, but I guess I was wrong. They are agoing to reshape the oil pan and add a new gasket make it all work. Relatively cheap for new fluid, filters and gasket its just under 140, seemed fair to me.

Looks like if I am planning on wheeling soon, I will need a tranny skid from SA. But for now, no wheeling is in my future for right now with the baby here. Maybe time to upgrade my UCA's soon but we'll see.
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Page 34 of 52 FirstFirst ... 24323334353644 ... LastLast

Thread Information