Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Ultimate Jeep today - 2012

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    They clean up perty! Walking back to my XK today I stared at like a blonde with big.... Well you get the idea LOL

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty TrialByFire's Avatar
    Finished replacing lower ball joints, upper ball joints and bushings I started last Sunday. Now maybe I can get it aligned!
    I also replaced the passenger CV (again) because the current one was very stiff and probably contributing to my poor gas mileage.
    '06 XK Limited, 5.7 Hemi, QDII, OME struts & HD springs, JBA UCAs, 285/70R17 BFG KM2, 4XGuard Sliders, 4XGuard Diff Guard, Fox 2.0 reservoir shocks, custom bumpers and Warn xi9000
    Wish list: SFA, in-dash Windows 8 PC
    http://www.fuelly.com/driver/Blade/commander

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Washed her up.... printed out some pictures and leaving soon for the englishtown car show

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Last night I tore apart the rear end again. My mission was to install 1 inch bump stop spacers. After some crazy articulation testing during the process I ended up installing the 2 inch spacers. I think the rear end is good to go now. With the HD OME coils the rear end doesn't stuff the tires into the fender flares like it did when I had the spacer lift on. I'm thinking it has something to do with the higher spring rate coils. 7 more days until groves grog mud bog and I think I might go creek wheeling again today. I found out late last night that a bunch of the local guys are heading down there this afternoon.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    I did not do squat, just drove it.........for crying out loud, it's a Jeep! Lol.........
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    Relocated the light bar to the front (removed the rack yesterday, not going to run one for now), couple of brackets off the radiator support panel that come through the grille.

Also installed the other of the singles (one each side at the rear), used the factory bolt and notched the side rail cover out to sit around it.

Rears are currently wired to the switch panel in the front, just have to put in a second feed from the reverse lights. Eventually!

Dave
    Last edited by valpacer; 05-05-2012 at 07:59 PM.
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    I miss the roof rack and light set up. Is there no way you can carry a document with you signed off by the locals that says you are within regulations??

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty valpacer's Avatar
    I wish. You have the land of the free, i'm in the land of do what your goddamn told! In my state you cant even engineer a modified lift - engine changes etc are all ok as per regs, but tyres and lift are set. Having said that I can engineer the new diff mounts and locations, just not the height or tyre size. Means if i at least get pulled over by the police it will look like im doing the right thing and just wear the fines for the tyres.

I may put a different rack up, but a slimmer one.

The powdercoat on the rack had all gone chalky, and there are a couple of decent rust holes in the main frame, so it wasnt just for looks. Now its off the truck, it wont sit on the ground flat either, so the twist in the body (whatever little there is) has been enough to twist the rack. For what i paid it was actually pretty disappointing. Was the first one in Queensland though - never be the first its the one they experimented on!
    2007 WH Grand Cherokee CRD QDII - 3" Exhaust, GDE Flash Tune, CRDSTU Hybrid Lift & bash Plates, 4xGuard Rock Rails & Rear Sliders, Saguaro F&R Bars, Warn 9.5CTI-s, AEV Saverge Rims, 35" KM2's, Snorkel, Custom Rear Drawers, ARB Dual Compressor + On Board Air, BullyDog Monitor, Dual Optimas Front and Dual Rear Aux Batteries YouTube Vids

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    I realized I never put up pics of my new tires. I actually went with the Hankook Dynapro ATMs. The wheels are from a 05 Grand Cherokee that I painted. I used a coat of self etching primer, two coats flat black, and 3 coats of satin clear coat. I'm really happy at how they turned out.

2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    I put my carpet back in. Way easier this time around.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

Page 2 of 52 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread Information