Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread: What did you do to your Ultimate Jeep today - 2012

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    man.... some SA sliders would've saved that!

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Yeah that and an extra 2 inches of lift. The good news is the locker worked awsome! To bad its coming out soon.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Ouch!!! ...and where it happened at. The picture doesn't do justice on what the terrain was like. Damm tree roots coming out of the side of the embankment is how the damage happened.
    That looks familiar pretty much what I did to my passenger side. Where are you're rock sliders?

Never ordered them. Kinda wish I had because this is going to hurt the wallet I'm sure.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Ya your not going to fix once you get a quote. They quoted me $2500 for about the same repair your looking at. I just ended up painting black and covering it up with rock sliders you can't see it unless you look really hard.

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Yeah that and an extra 2 inches of lift. The good news is the locker worked awsome! To bad its coming out soon.
    Why get rid of the locker?

Nice carnage though
    2007 Jeep Commander: QTII, Leather, Sunroof, remote start, OEM Skid Plates, 2 in Daystar lift, 255.75.17 BFG Mud Terrains on Moabs, 1.25 " Spidertrax wheel spacers, 4x Guard front guard and Side Guards, Optima Red Top, Robbys half inch leveling spacer, Bilstein 5150 Rear Shocks, Pinch weld mod and trimming!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    I got your text and I agree with Sal as far as the repair cost quote

I am scared to wheel without sliders after these pictures lol...............
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Holaday07 4.7 View Post
    Why get rid of the locker?

Nice carnage though
    I'm going to swap out the Aussie locker for a powertrax no slip which is much quieter around corners. The Aussie locker ratchets around corners and makes a loud clicking sound. I don't like it, it's way to loud for a daily driver.

They both fully lock the rear and work the same. The no slip is more expensive though because its s better design.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    I got your text and I agree with Sal as far as the repair cost quote

I am scared to wheel without sliders after these pictures lol...............
    Pretty sure Jon has a set he can ship out this week

Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    Ya your not going to fix once you get a quote. They quoted me $2500 for about the same repair your looking at. I just ended up painting black and covering it up with rock sliders you can't see it unless you look really hard.
    You got quoted $2500?? That's crazy. I got a 2LT that works for me that does collision work on the side. He said he will fix it for me. He does great work too!!

Page 37 of 52 FirstFirst ... 27353637383947 ... LastLast

Thread Information