Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ATF+4

Senior Member Getting Dirty

ATF+4

Need to change the trans fluid and filters in my Commander. Trans is a 545RFE.

Since ATF+4 is licensed from Chrysler is there really any difference between Mobile1, Royal Purple and say Autozones house brand?

I don't want to spend $15 a quart if the $5 a quart stuff will work just as well.

Info on ATF+4 http://www.centerforqa.com/home.html

Licensed Brands http://www.centerforqa.com/licensedatf4brands.html

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I ordered the mopar fluid online for $7.xx /qt online.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I just use the dealer atf+4 because its synthetic. It's not like you have to change the trans fluid like you do oil.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I just use the dealer atf+4 because its synthetic. It's not like you have to change the trans fluid like you do oil.
    Everything I've read is that ATF+4 IS synthetic.

I'll go middle of the road when I do it. Thanks guys!

Member Looking for Dirt
    All ATF+4 is synthetic. I have always used valvoline ATF+4 and it has always seemed great, not certain what it costs.

I wasn't aware of that at the time. I get a great deal on everything from the dealer so just went with the mopar fluid. I can't go wrong with the discount I get.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty mrnavy2's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I wasn't aware of that at the time. I get a great deal on everything from the dealer so just went with the mopar fluid. I can't go wrong with the discount I get.
    Same here. I got great prices from my dealer.

I got my steering rack listed at $964 for $699!! Love my discount.

Member Looking for Dirt
    I personally have found most common items reasonably priced at the dealer. ATF+4, filters, coolant, etc. They have been good to me at the parts counter.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information