Thread: 3.7L V6 QT1 to QT2 Conversion.

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Looking for Dirt
    Test results so far. No vibrations up to highway speeds. If anything the drivetrain feels tighter. I did notice the NV140 had more backlash than the NV245. My NV140 has 66000 miles and the NV245 only had 11000 miles, that may be the reason. Also, I did a final drain on the NV245 and what oil drained looked very good.
    I tested with the Jeep in gravel, High to High lock works and Low and Low Lock work. The speedometer is correct even in Low Lock. No "Check Engine Light" the first time I used Low Lock, I left the transmission in drive.
    The second test I shut off the Jeep then restarted and shifted the transmission to 1st gear, I ended up with a Check Engine Light, Code "P0700". I don't think it went into Limp Mode. I shut it off and put the transfercase into High, tried resetting the fault with HyperTech, but it didn't remove the "Check Engine Light", however the Jeep shifted correctly and I can manually shift through all the gears. More testing I need to understand this.
    Last edited by cmdr jim; 05-19-2012 at 03:50 PM.
    06 Red Jeep XK 3.7L V6 QT1, RC 2" with 1/2", 1-1/4" Wheel Spacers, Rubicon Moab Rims, Grabber AT2 LT265/70-17, Rocky Road Supersliders, Fastman Throttle-body, K&N Cold Air Filter, JBA Headers, Front Tow Hooks, 2" receiver front & rear, Wired for winch front & rear, ARB Onboard Air, Trans Temp Gauge, Aux Trans Cooler, Sport Roof Crossbars, Skid Plates, RS5010 Rear Shocks, JKS 2034 Front & 2001 Rear Disconnects

Thread Information