My coworker gave me this kids bike... but it was still too big for my 2 year old son so I had to cut down the seat tube and modify it a bit so he could sit on it and touch the ground.

I then took off the pedals so he could scoot around using his feet. He learned how to balance on 2 wheels REALY quick!!

After I saw him do this about a week ago, i knew he was ready to give pedals a try:

It took him 2-3 tries to link the pedaling concept and moving forward concept.... but I saw him riding around our cul-de-sac sidewalk and was amazed. The following video was just a "short" ride we convinced him to do so i could get it on video. [unfortunately] I couldn't get a longer video because our 7 year old neighbor came over with his scooter, so my son wanted nothing to do with his bike because he wanted to get on his scooter too. But regardless, we got a "first time on 2 wheels" video!

...according to my wife, he's is able to start riding without any help. I didn't get to see that because I was doing lawn work while they were down the street riding.

<------- proud papa