Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Running a locker like PowerTraxx front and rear would allow me to lock both axles now without regearing but allow me to regear later. Im still not sure if the rear axle is and LSD or not, it supposedly has the factory towing option but Im not 100%, I have to take a better look.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    I don't have a lot of experience with gears/lockers. I have spartans front and rear. I really don't like the front one, but I don't know if it's not working right or what, it unloads a lot and when it does it's a loud pop. The rear isn't so bad, but it still happens from time to time, I've learned how to drive it on the street to keep it from doing it for the most part, but it's still un-nerving when it happens. I'd have selectables if they weren't so much, but if I had to pick I'd put a selectable in the front before the rear and run a lunchbox/ratcheting rear. I have no experience with LSD's except the one I had in a 2wd explorer, and I have no idea if it actually worked or not, I just know it was supposed to have one based on axle codes.

JCRoffroad is having a sale now, and free shipping for anything over $100 so you can get all that heavy steel shipped to you

Oh I totally forgot about the weak steering box brace/attachment. Pickup a MORE steering brace before you pull the box off the unibody, it's only about $50 from quatratec. It holds the box to the unibody from the passenger side, while the 3 bolts and questionable spacer hold it to the drivers side.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Will do, Ill look into it. I like the AJs offroad sliders, they are $260 bare metal before shipping which I think is a deal. Im just trying to figure out what to do, I dont think I have an LSD 8.25 as I guess its not common and would mean Id have 3.73. I have to lift it up and turn the wheels to see what happens.

I think doing a rear lunch box is a good ideal as well, but not sure I want to spend $800+ on a selectable locker.. Decisions decisions!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Will do, Ill look into it. I like the AJs offroad sliders, they are $260 bare metal before shipping which I think is a deal. Im just trying to figure out what to do, I dont think I have an LSD 8.25 as I guess its not common and would mean Id have 3.73. I have to lift it up and turn the wheels to see what happens.

I think doing a rear lunch box is a good ideal as well, but not sure I want to spend $800+ on a selectable locker.. Decisions decisions!!

Wish the XK had sliders for $260 lol....
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

First weekend with it, what did you do?!

Thread Information