Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Looking for Dirt
    06jeep,
    If possible could you take some pics of catch can install?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brand0n View Post
    06jeep,
    If possible could you take some pics of catch can install?
    Yes of course! Its probably one of the easiest things you can do, just find a spot you like it mounted to. There are a lot of threads throughout the internet Ive been reading for ideas, seems like the easiest is an L bracket from strut bolt. It will be done this afternoon as well as exhaust painted with a few coats..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Busy day Saturday, cleaned my TB, painted my exhaust and did some other things under the hood Ive been wanting to do. Lets start with the TB, I used rubbing alcohol, tooth brush, q-tips and towels to clean it, was pretty dirty. Didnt take to long bout 10-15 minutes. Heres before and after:

Now you know why I got a catch can!

Next, I always hated seeing the wires for the coils and injectors exposed, thought it looked tacky so I taped them all up with black electrical tape, excuse the dirty engine bay thats this weeks project!

Finally I painted the exhaust with VHT header paint, matt black came out great. Some pics paint was still wet but you'll get the idea..

The exhaust is sounding even better as it breaks in Ill do another video soon..
    Also I was going to install catch can but I dont have the right bracket for it, so I will complete that this week and post the install for that, as you can see on my TB I need one badly!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Exhaust looks a lot better painted!

I agree! You cant even notice it now which is exactly what I wanted.. At least you cant see it, can definitely hear hahaha I was downshifting playing around yesterday and you should have seen the looks these people were giving me, like "whats he got in that thing?!?!" Just wait for the headers...

Alignment

So the MTRs will be going on in the next day or two so I want to make sure when it goes for alignment I can tell these people exactly how/what to do as Ive heard horror stories that most techs dont know how to align our Jeeps correctly.. Any tips to give these people?!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    I can't wait to see them man. I remember when your XK was delivered! now its just badass especially with the dual exhaust and these MTRs soon
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    So the MTRs will be going on in the next day or two so I want to make sure when it goes for alignment I can tell these people exactly how/what to do as Ive heard horror stories that most techs dont know how to align our Jeeps correctly.. Any tips to give these people?!
    Tell them camber/caster is adjustable via the LCA.

Thread Information