Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Member Looking for Dirt
    I too have to be honest, the BFG AT is a terrible tire in almost every situation. People have been loving it forever but I just don't get it. I have had a set on a YJ, Cherokee, and on my Ram truck. I have hated them all three times. My Toyo MT's are better for every situation except street driving. I found the BFG's bad in sand, mud, wet roads, snow, ice, grass. Surprisingly, the BFG MT's perform better in all those situations and are pretty decent on the road. I haven't had the New MTR's but I currently have Duratrac's on my JK and love them. I think you will like the MTR, I keep hearing lots of good things from everyone.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by duneslider View Post
    I too have to be honest, the BFG AT is a terrible tire in almost every situation. People have been loving it forever but I just don't get it.
    Misery loves company. So many people buy them because everyone "swears by them", then they're in denial and really wish they didnt suck, so they tell other people how great the tires are when they truly aren't. I've had them as well, on a TJ and Explorer, and they performed a lot worse than other well know AT tires. I'll never recommend BFG ATs to anyone.

/threadjack

where are them pics!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Yeah I did a ton of tire reviews when I went from the stock forteras and I am glad I went with a good tire. I think spending the extra for tires like DuraTracs or MTRs is well worth it even if you don't offroad constantly.

I have a dumb beginner question. Will a tire like Duratrac help in rain? for some reason with the lift and DuraTracs I tend to drive fast through any large puddle to cover the XK in dirty water :O
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I just talked to him. He is still waiting at the shop. Said they were really busy.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Finally got the Jeep, as you can imagine everyone is getting tires and **** done today. Tires are on looking good, pics are gonna have to wait to tmrw weather sucks. Every thing aligned well in the green, except my damn steering wheel isnt straight which is annoying, you just cant rely on 100% hahaha! Ill go back next week and get wheel straightened, atleast the alignment is dead on.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I hate that. The dealer aligned my jeep when I got my first set of MT/R's and the steering wheel wasn't straight. They tried telling my the alignment was dead on and there was no way to fix it
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    Does the traction control not get all screwed up on these if the steering wheel isn't perfectly centered? On the JK if the steering wheel is even a little off center it thinks you are in a skid and activates traction control?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That's an issue for the XK's too... but im not sure how far it needs to be off.

A quick fix you can center the steering wheel yourself. Depending how far off it is, it may only take one turn of each tie rod adjustment. If you want to give it a shot, I can elaborate on which way to turn them.

Thread Information