Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    So I know this is a Jeep forum but I trust you guys' opinion more so than on the Ram forums, due to the fact there are so many different tastes and opinions especially on exhaust..
    I need to redo my exahust, right not it has a Mufflex muffler delete which sounds nice but is raspy as hell and not a huge fan of it. To make matters worse, my cats are rattling like a SOB when cold, MPGs have gone to **** even worse than before so time for an overhaul. They have JBA LT headers available but not mid pipes yet so Id have to get custom mids made with cats welded in place. The other option is go with a shorty header, get factory replacement mids and cats with a true dual set up. The price difference on shorties to LTs arent much and would hate to spend the money when I could have a better sound and of course better performance. Most say if you're not going FI LTs arent really needed, but for 100$ more is it worth it. The last option is just replace the factory mids and cats with a true dual set up, obviously more affordable and will still net results. Looking for some thoughts on this.. Thanks
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    I don't know what "FI" is. But if I had the money I would do the long tubes and have the cats welded in by a custom exhaust shop. I wouldn't put a single stock part back on other then the cats, and might buy new cats based on miles. The weight savings alone should net you some MPG's especially because those stock exhaust manifolds probably way a ton. Going true dual exhaust is up to you. I'm not sure I would spend the money on that because its a truck. Now a muscle car I would spend the money on true duel but that's just me.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure FI means Forced Induction. Ie supercharger..that's my guess. LT would be Long Tube Headers
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 10-01-2014 at 06:09 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Yes, Adam is correct FI forced induction.. The true dual set up really is a desirable thing to me based off the Commanders sound it had, despite being a not so great job done by the idiot who did it. The cost isnt a big difference compared to not getting them done. LTs or long tubes, with new cats looking around 900-1000$ before install, plus whatever muffler(s) Id get. The Ypipe that comes with the LTs does not have cats in it, but Im getting a pair of high flow cats from a forum member to be welded in. I may keep the Y pipe going into a single inlet, dual outlet Delta 40 Flowmaster. If I dont go with cats Ill definitely keep the y pipe and single inlet to maintain some back pressure and avoid any rasp... Really want cats installed though to keep the low end tq numbers up from what Ill lose with LTs, which makes me want to install 6.4 srt8 manifolds, shorties, and custom mids to keep low end up as thats really more important than the extra 10-15hp up top.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

UPDATE!!! Truck has been SOOOOLLLLDD!!! And all I can say the next vehicle is something Ive wanted for a VERY long time... This is all Ill post

Name:  MTR.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  9.6 KB

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    UPDATE!!! Truck has been SOOOOLLLLDD!!! And all I can say the next vehicle is something Ive wanted for a VERY long time... This is all Ill post

Name:  MTR.jpg
Views: 53
Size:  9.6 KB

Well, that tire pic narrows it down some. What is that a 15" wheel on 35's?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Also has a frame..

Yup, 35x12.50 15s MTRs

I guess its time start making educational guesses.

It's safe to say Sal we will have to hit Uwharrie and head up to Rausch soon!

Page 58 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 ... LastLast

Thread Information