Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    For a LT265/70/17, at 35 PSI the tires will handle a load equivalent to your max GAWR (so you'll overload the axle before the tires).

I'd run 35 for daily driving, and bump them up to 40 for heavy loads, towing, etc.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Matt...Even with them being Load Range E with a max psi of 80?? My 285's are Load range D with 65 psi max and I run 36 psi and its working out great for me. I would of figured he would need to run closer to 40.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Yeah, even with load E. All LT tires fall under the load capacity requirements of the TRA. The only difference between D and E is the extra capacity on the high end. Anywhere between 35-40 is good for those and isn't going to make a huge difference in treadwear. I'd keep it closer to 35 for DD to absorb more bumps to help with ride quality and reduce wear on the suspension components. For a long highway trip, put them up to 38-40 for ~.25 mpg increase

Senior Member Getting Dirty stites-xk's Avatar
    Hurry up! I want see those mounted on the XK!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Going on at 10, Ill post pics this afternoon. Washed and waxed her yesterday only to get snow/sleet last night while driving and let me tell you I sliding all over the place with these BFGs, definitely time to go. Ill set them at 37 for the trip to Rochester and see how it feels
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Thats because BFG AT's suck in the snow!! The new MT/R's will be night and day difference
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I hate these BFGs!! Headed out now, report back in a bit
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Member Looking for Dirt
    I too have to be honest, the BFG AT is a terrible tire in almost every situation. People have been loving it forever but I just don't get it. I have had a set on a YJ, Cherokee, and on my Ram truck. I have hated them all three times. My Toyo MT's are better for every situation except street driving. I found the BFG's bad in sand, mud, wet roads, snow, ice, grass. Surprisingly, the BFG MT's perform better in all those situations and are pretty decent on the road. I haven't had the New MTR's but I currently have Duratrac's on my JK and love them. I think you will like the MTR, I keep hearing lots of good things from everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by duneslider View Post
    I too have to be honest, the BFG AT is a terrible tire in almost every situation. People have been loving it forever but I just don't get it.
    Misery loves company. So many people buy them because everyone "swears by them", then they're in denial and really wish they didnt suck, so they tell other people how great the tires are when they truly aren't. I've had them as well, on a TJ and Explorer, and they performed a lot worse than other well know AT tires. I'll never recommend BFG ATs to anyone.

/threadjack

where are them pics!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Yeah I did a ton of tire reviews when I went from the stock forteras and I am glad I went with a good tire. I think spending the extra for tires like DuraTracs or MTRs is well worth it even if you don't offroad constantly.

I have a dumb beginner question. Will a tire like Duratrac help in rain? for some reason with the lift and DuraTracs I tend to drive fast through any large puddle to cover the XK in dirty water :O
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Page 31 of 65 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread Information