Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I just talked to him. He is still waiting at the shop. Said they were really busy.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Finally got the Jeep, as you can imagine everyone is getting tires and **** done today. Tires are on looking good, pics are gonna have to wait to tmrw weather sucks. Every thing aligned well in the green, except my damn steering wheel isnt straight which is annoying, you just cant rely on 100% hahaha! Ill go back next week and get wheel straightened, atleast the alignment is dead on.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I hate that. The dealer aligned my jeep when I got my first set of MT/R's and the steering wheel wasn't straight. They tried telling my the alignment was dead on and there was no way to fix it
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Member Looking for Dirt
    Does the traction control not get all screwed up on these if the steering wheel isn't perfectly centered? On the JK if the steering wheel is even a little off center it thinks you are in a skid and activates traction control?

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    That's an issue for the XK's too... but im not sure how far it needs to be off.

A quick fix you can center the steering wheel yourself. Depending how far off it is, it may only take one turn of each tie rod adjustment. If you want to give it a shot, I can elaborate on which way to turn them.

Ill just wait til I have them fix it, everything ele is lined up so thats all that matters right now.. Traction control is off every time I drive cause when I turn it always engages, in my InTune I have throttle boast which takes away from the lag you get with electronic throttle bodies so TC is usually partially off or all the way.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Also I didnt go to the place we had originally planned so..

As far as tires go Im really impressed with how they feel for the short trip I was on the highway, not as loud as my beat BFGs, slightly stiffer ride but thats to be expected. Ill be able to give a better report after my trip to Rochester Sunday am, looks like Ill be driving thru some crappy weather, will be interesting to see how they feel with 2+ hrs of highway driving.. Will be finding some unplowed roads when I get up there, Im itching more than ever to wheel

Here are some quick shots I took tonight, had to get them a lil dirty..

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Looking great, You need some sliders to round out the pic
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Page 32 of 65 FirstFirst ... 22303132333442 ... LastLast

Thread Information