Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    Hey, I know you mentioned wanting to take your rock guards off too. I just removed the rivets underneath it and then basically ripped it off because you can't reuse it anyway :P but I'm sure Adam knows since he did his as well

Still plan to do this?
    Yea I plan on doing this next week some time, going to the Burgh tmrw for game Sunday..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    They let each side of the suspension work independently from each other. So you can have one tire fully stuffed and the other tire fully extended. Although we don't have much articulation to begin with so it really wont help much on the deeply rutted stuff, it'll help when you're in those rocky trail sections to keep the body more level and controllable.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Yea I plan on doing this next week some time, going to the Burgh tmrw for game Sunday..
    Nice!
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    They let each side of the suspension work independently from each other. So you can have one tire fully stuffed and the other tire fully extended. Although we don't have much articulation to begin with so it really wont help much on the deeply rutted stuff, it'll help when you're in those rocky trail sections to keep the body more level and controllable.
    What is the cost for them?
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Id be interested in them although Id want both sides
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Id be interested in them although Id want both sides
    If im not mistaken it is not needed to have 2 on the XK?
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Why would you only want to disconnect one side? That doesn't make sense to me.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

I am only an apprentice with pink skids guys so I will let Matt explain. He explained to me a few weeks ago at his house why you only really need 1. I could of misunderstood but I am sure he will chime in. I know he is splitting a pair as well.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

thats what I was wondering, even if you do need both I would want both

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Why would you only want to disconnect one side? That doesn't make sense to me.
    For the front suspension on these vehicles, once you disconnect one side then both sides have unrestricted free range of motion (unlike the rear where the sway bar link will limit travel if you don't disconnect both sides).

You can disconnect both, but it doesn't gain you anything on the front. If you disconnect both you'll also have to bring something to tie the bar up with. If you leave one side connected you don't have to do anything else (and it wont interfere with anything on the disconnected side).

Page 15 of 65 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

Thread Information