Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by criket View Post
    Brooklyn! I've only been to NYC once and we went through Queens (actually liked it here), Brooklyn, and Hunts Point. If I lived there, I'd drive like hell thinking I was gonna get butt raped any time I got below 20 mph. I understand why you drive like you do now!
    HAHAHA!!! If you dont drive fast you mine as well just pull over and put your flashers on
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Just purchased the DiabloSport Intune from Amazon, got a great deal with express shipping. Cant wait to see the gains and finally having the correct speed instead of having this guessing game!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Just purchased the DiabloSport Intune from Amazon, got a great deal with express shipping. Cant wait to see the gains and finally having the correct speed instead of having this guessing game!
    Nice man!!
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Installed the DiabloSport Intune tonight and WOOOOW!!! I did the 91 tune as well as the performance transmission tune. I tried adding a video from my phone but it didnt work so I will get one with my camera tmrw. The HEMI has definitely woken up, the response throughout the RPMs is ridiculous. I found that when in triptonic mode it hold the gear better and when in 1st, step on it and Im chirping like crazy!!! The 1-2 shift is intense as well. I also changed tire size for correct speedo. As I said before I have a guy who will do a custom tune which I will be doing soon, after a new TB goes in in the next few weeks, 85mm CNC tb that is!! Then after I get my headers which dont look to far off she will be rocking!!! Im also talking with a guy from Inertia for a cam set up. Looks like I can do a cam, rods and springs for under $600 with still utilizing MDS and giving great low end torque for off roading. Alot of these mods will depend on what happens throughout the next few mths with tires as I may upgrade to Rubi take offs first to get that out of the way. Ill get a video of the acceleration tmrw..

Nice man!! I am looking forward to getting a tuner one of these days lol
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

I think youd have to go with the Diablo as the superchips doesnt work well with the later HEMIs.. Ask Matt as he didnt like the way his was after the tune

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    I think youd have to go with the Diablo as the superchips doesnt work well with the later HEMIs.. Ask Matt as he didnt like the way his was after the tune
    How much is the diablo opposed to superchips?
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Mine's a 2007. And that's correct, I wasn't very impressed with "performance" gains. But the other reasons made it worthwhile. I'm also EXTREMELY objective about performance mods and not easily impressed with butt dyno's. I've done work on track cars where .05 second difference matters in the 1/4... which, unfortunately, makes me disappointed with products where the "claims" are far beyond actual when I've installed them.

The 2010 may actually have more torque management that can be reduced via programming which would definitely be noticeable with any programmer.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Mine's a 2007. And that's correct, I wasn't very impressed with "performance" gains. But the other reasons made it worthwhile. I'm also EXTREMELY objective about performance mods and not easily impressed with butt dyno's. I've done work on track cars where .05 second difference matters in the 1/4... which, unfortunately, makes me disappointed with products where the "claims" are far beyond actual when I've installed them.

The 2010 may actually have more torque management that can be reduced via programming which would definitely be noticeable with any programmer.
    True, this torque management stuff is talked about alot with these custom tuners. When I do headers Ill be deleting EGR which 2008-2010s dont have. What else can be done about torque management

Well I am more reluctant to purchase stuff that will help me offroad opposed to performance mods just because I don't really push the xk on the street. With that said, I really would love a quicker acceleration? I guess thats the way to put it? I am not sure what the difference in daily driving will be with the new airaid MIT intake tube but I can say I felt/heard no difference when replacing the air filter

Excuse my ignorance (if any) because I am a beginner
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Page 17 of 65 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927 ... LastLast

Thread Information