Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    How much is the diablo opposed to superchips?
    Well I did the intune cause I got a great deal on it, they go for $375-390, but you can get the Predator u7137 and it does pretty much everything the intune does however I have the ability to adjust more parameters. You wont need the intune unless you are going a custom tune route..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Well I did the intune cause I got a great deal on it, they go for $375-390, but you can get the Predator u7137 and it does pretty much everything the intune does however I have the ability to adjust more parameters. You wont need the intune unless you are going a custom tune route..
    No I would be totally fine with a standard tuner for basic stuff like tire size and to improve some stuff? lol
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    TM is all about programming. There's a few levels built in and normally, if the company has a good handle on it, you can turn off each level individually.

For example, for 2003-2006 model year GM trucks there were 3 TM settings that Diablosport let you selectively turn off.

Reducing TM is probably the #1 difference maker in drive-ability and "feeling" performance.
    Last edited by Matt; 09-20-2012 at 06:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Core XK View Post
    Well I am more reluctant to purchase stuff that will help me offroad opposed to performance mods just because I don't really push the xk on the street. With that said, I really would love a quicker acceleration? I guess thats the way to put it? I am not sure what the difference in daily driving will be with the new airaid MIT intake tube but I can say I felt/heard no difference when replacing the air filter

Excuse my ignorance (if any) because I am a beginner
    I get it, I bought my XK with plans of off roading as well as driving hard, its a HEMI what else is it for?!?! You will see better acceleration, more so than me as a have a CAI which negatively effects low end but top end is where its at. Plus you can adjust tire size, improve mpgs(supposedly), among other things, worth the money to me
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    TM is all about programming. There's a few levels built in and normally, if the company has a good handle on it, you can turn off each level individually.

For example, for 2003-2006 model year GM trucks there were 3 TM settings that Diablosport let you selectively turn off.
    So what are the parameters in my XK so I can look to turn those OFF?!?!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Yeah I don't think its a waste at all. I will have some extra cash soon and then again in January and I am just trying to spend it the best way lol....its looking like sliders and UCAs
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    So what are the parameters in my XK so I can look to turn those OFF?!?!
    Its either built into the tune you installed or a selectable option. lol I didn't program the intune so I'm not sure how they'r handling the TM on these vehicles. I'd go through the manual and read the description of the parameters that they let you change.

The tuner Ive been speaking with said he adjusts all the parameters Diablo doesnt, so now I know what he meant...

Is his name Lew?

no Johan, he does all the SRT8 guys tunes

Page 18 of 65 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread Information