Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    So Ive been pondering what to do with my front bumper.. I want something with obviously more clearance with not looking to hacked up as much as the Sal mod, not that it looks bad but I want something more stock looking. Being that Im back in my hometown I have a lot of connections here, one being my buddy who is a welder. We have been discussing a possible bumper but that comes $$$. Last night I was thinking, what if I did a similar mod to the Sal bumper, but still incorporated the piece thats cut and angle it with more of a 90* angle with front of the bumper and use a piece of trimmer plastic with body filler for a piece going at maybe a 45* angle from center of bumper outwards and up to connect the flat piece going in. Not sure if everyone can vision exactly what Im talking about but it seems relatively simple given my backround and Ive even been researching a plastic welding technique with a sodering which may make this even easier. Being that bumper skins are relatively cheap, I am considering buying a new skin and working on it so I can take my time with it. This is just an idea for now, but Im really considering this as a mod in the very near future, just need to see what my buddy can paint skin for and compare to cost of steel bumper. The other issue is I have no idea what measurements or specs to give to my buddy for welding a bumper. The only bumper I really like is the Maniac. As I said not sure if anyone can picture what I want but Im still looking for opinions, just keep in mind $$$ is the major factor..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I had the same idea. Corey and I were talking about it a while ago

Basically doing the Sal mod but keeping part of it to angle and keep in "enclosed", shouldnt be difficult by any means
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

We were even measuring it up.... shouldn't be difficult at all.

Id be interested with your design, I can geet a used bumper for $100 or less and do it.. Not sure what my buddy would paint it for but I imagine its still less than steel bumper

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    This is something I'd be interested in as well, and yeah Matt and I were talking about it before. I think my next self project will be painting my fender flares
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Since Im not making it to this trip IVe been thinking of mods I can do in the meantime to "spoil" myself and so I dont go insane!! So besides my bumper mod I really like the look of the LED Off Road light bar, anyone look into these? They seem a bit pricey but I guess for what you get isnt to bad. My question is how hard is mounting and install going to be, for example where to run wires and location of switch etc..? I was thinking something along these lines and mounting on front cross bar...

That's on my list as well.... there was a group buy on JG, and Jon sells them too.

Wiring isn't hard, I made my own harness so it looks factory.

Cool so how about this Il make my way down for a weekend we will do this and bumpers?!?!?!
    hahahaha

Here's a thread where I showed some wiring for the lights I used to have:

http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...4xGuard-Matrix!

Page 25 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15232425262735 ... LastLast

Thread Information