Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    So Im no longer rubbing on the pinch weld, not even close, but I am rubbing the inner fender well. If I didnt need those thing Id be ripping them out as we speak!!! Adam, I know you used that rubber sheet you gave me that I used for enclosing my intake, but how did you attach it to stay in place?
    I still have my plastic inner fender well liners. I just used a heat gun to reshape them. Never got a chance to install the rubber that I bought due to the move. Figuring out how to attach it was something I was going to figure out at the time of install.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Im rubbing by the transmission lines on that part of liner.. Wonder if I can cut the liner, glue the rubber to remaining liner and screw the bottom in..?
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Transmission lines?? Are you talking about the rear AC and Heater lines on the passenger side?
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    If that is where your talking about, I have a plate I am testing to get all the bugs worked out to protect those lines. Once I have all the bugs worked out will be getting to jon for the rest of us with XK's.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Yes that is where I was referring to.. I think Im going to heat it up and mold it back since its catching the liner not the lines, but I would definitely be purchasing that when its available
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Did some local wheeling trails Sunday am. The arent exactly legal but no one really cares as long as you arent being an idiot. Its really mud lots of deep thick mud puddles, ruts and hill climbs, lots of fun!! Love my XK in the mud except for my tires, man these things suck! One more month Ill have those MTRs!! As far as damage goes this is where my tires hurt me. Several times I lost traction sliding into trees and tree limbs, causing some deep scratches down the length of the XK and nice scratches in the bumper. I broke the plastic trim surrounding the glass of passenger mirror as well. I couldnt get any pics of damage, wouldnt come out in pics for some reason and no action pics, didnt want to be down there for to long, the HEMI was screaming and brought some attention, so decided to leave.. So, I had access to a high speed buffer, medium grit compound, polish and of course my wax and went to work! About 5 hrs of high speeding, 1 trip around with medium grit compound, 2x polishing and nice heavy coat of wax she's looking better than ever! I did a how-to video, but somehow its not on the camera? Watched it yesterday but, oh well, sorry guys! Here are some before and after shots..

And what she looks like now!!!

Ill get some day shots tmrw, I really cant describe how deep the shine is now and smooth!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Looking great, I still prefer the dirty look. Then everyone knows it's not a mall crawler lol. It looks great thoe with the shine
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Here are some day shots...

You need to come over and do your magic on my paint!!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty cabledog25's Avatar
    Mine too.

Page 27 of 65 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

Thread Information