Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Update: First and foremost, have a couple highly interested in the Jeep. They came from an hr away to check it out and the guy knew his s**t. First thing he mentioned was the rare color combination, then all the "right" mods that Ive done. They test drove it and said they are coming back this morning so it may have found a new home. Id be happy to see this couple take it, knowing this guy did his research, is an older guy looking for a Jeep to go camping with and its particular about thing much like myself makes me feel alot better about it. This is the type of buyer Im looking for and although Ill hate to see her go, at least itd be going to good owner. I didnt meet them yesterday, my buddy who owns the lot did so today if they do show up Ill be going down to talk things over. Ill definitely be referring him to this group so I can keep an eye on it and he can join the TUJ family, Ill keep everyone updated!

As far as the 240sx, Ive done quite a bit, got the water pump done, plugs, wires, valve cover all done. Front suspension and steering rack are off and awaiting new parts, once the hubs come in I can start on the BBK. Ill be undercoating and coating the fender wells this coming week. Once she's driveable, its going to the body shop for welding and paint, I was going to do most myself but I just dont have the time to do it and need to get it on the road since the Jeep is where its at. Its going to cost me a bit but even after all the parts Ive bought and body work, I could still sell for a profit if need be. No pics but Ill update that this afternoon..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

A lot has changed over the last week especially with the 240sx.. Ive got the brakes done, coilovers done and addressed ride height, camber (for now) and Ive got it to be a pretty reliable driver to get to the body shop. Here are some pics, with old fender and roughly mounted..

Shot next to Jeep

Coilover and BBK install- Brakes are from a 300zx TT, calipers are aluminum and 30mm brembo rotors, hawk pads

You can also see the 3m rubberized coating, definitely like this stuff and highly recommend it. Its easy to clean and pretty durable. It is pretty low, maybe to low but for now its staying like this until after the body work gets done and Ill pull rear subframe for that part of resto..

Now onto the Jeep.. As I said things have changed in the last week and I MAY be keeping her. Ive thought about it and may stay where Im at putting of the move. Still not 100% and wont jump to conclusions, but I will keep everyone informed. If I do decide to keep her, a wheeling trip is need ASAP!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I hope you keep your jeep!
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I hope you keep your jeep!
    x2
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Me to, but it still hurts everytime I definitely what she costs me every months, it's like having a wife that doesn't put out.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

99% sure the starters is shot on the Jeep, anyone replace one yet or have an idea of how easy/hard it is?

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    I would LOVE to build a 240sx!

I can't believe I missed you were building it. Keep the updates coming - Im an import tuner guy at heart
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Thanks man, will do. Everything is waiting on my body shop guys that put me off for 2 weeks!! Good news about the wait is getting Navan side skirts and rear valences in, should look close to this but with different wheels and a factory spolier..

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I replaced the starter in my jeep. Wasn't to hard. Definitely remove the front drive shaft so you can get your hands up in there. To do so you sort of have to remove the transmission cross member. Several bolts and a nice jack to hold up the tcase/transmission and you'll be on your way. If not you will also have trouble getting the old starter out and new starter in do to lack of clearance.
    Last edited by 07JeepXK; 07-29-2013 at 01:05 PM.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Thanks, sounds like a blast!

Page 46 of 65 FirstFirst ... 36444546474856 ... LastLast

Thread Information