Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Correct, on black rock lobo 15x8 with 4" backspace. I had to adjust my steering stops to prevent them from rubbing on the lower control arms, but I have stock arms on drop brackets. If that one has bent lower control arms you might be alright.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Charlotte! Quite the drive to you Matt hahaha
    I have a friend to lives in Greensboro... lol still quite the drive!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Not to bad.. Just picked her up!!!

Wasnt sure how I felt about the hoop but I actually like it now that I see it in person. Thoughts/opinions and of course the most important suggestions!!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Oh no! Angry eyes!?!

otherwise looks great!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    LED light bar up top

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Looks awesome man!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Matt you read my mind, I'm assuming the wires ran would work?
    Jacob those will be tee moved soon I need to upgrade these lights the output sucks!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

So Im running the list of things to do and Im at a crossroads on what to tackle first. The tires are in decent shape, so really point on upgrading to MTRs, YET.. My thought is to get a front locker, but them being gear specific I should probably go to 4.56s now with the locker since Im there anyway. Any suggestion on which locker? DO I need a locker like a detroit or eaton or can I do well with one likes Adams Powertrax? After I figure that out sliders would be another purchase, obviously. The good thing is I have the funds to do these things relatively soon and want to just dont know what way to go with the axles.

Running a locker like PowerTraxx front and rear would allow me to lock both axles now without regearing but allow me to regear later. Im still not sure if the rear axle is and LSD or not, it supposedly has the factory towing option but Im not 100%, I have to take a better look.

I don't have a lot of experience with gears/lockers. I have spartans front and rear. I really don't like the front one, but I don't know if it's not working right or what, it unloads a lot and when it does it's a loud pop. The rear isn't so bad, but it still happens from time to time, I've learned how to drive it on the street to keep it from doing it for the most part, but it's still un-nerving when it happens. I'd have selectables if they weren't so much, but if I had to pick I'd put a selectable in the front before the rear and run a lunchbox/ratcheting rear. I have no experience with LSD's except the one I had in a 2wd explorer, and I have no idea if it actually worked or not, I just know it was supposed to have one based on axle codes.

Page 51 of 65 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361 ... LastLast

Thread Information