Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    JCRoffroad is having a sale now, and free shipping for anything over $100 so you can get all that heavy steel shipped to you

Oh I totally forgot about the weak steering box brace/attachment. Pickup a MORE steering brace before you pull the box off the unibody, it's only about $50 from quatratec. It holds the box to the unibody from the passenger side, while the 3 bolts and questionable spacer hold it to the drivers side.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Will do, Ill look into it. I like the AJs offroad sliders, they are $260 bare metal before shipping which I think is a deal. Im just trying to figure out what to do, I dont think I have an LSD 8.25 as I guess its not common and would mean Id have 3.73. I have to lift it up and turn the wheels to see what happens.

I think doing a rear lunch box is a good ideal as well, but not sure I want to spend $800+ on a selectable locker.. Decisions decisions!!
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Matt you read my mind, I'm assuming the wires ran would work?
    Jacob those will be tee moved soon I need to upgrade these lights the output sucks!!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk
    As long as they were run properly (gaged and fused with proper sizing), you should be good. I never trust that previous owners sized wiring correctly so i'd give it a really close look...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Will do, Ill look into it. I like the AJs offroad sliders, they are $260 bare metal before shipping which I think is a deal. Im just trying to figure out what to do, I dont think I have an LSD 8.25 as I guess its not common and would mean Id have 3.73. I have to lift it up and turn the wheels to see what happens.

I think doing a rear lunch box is a good ideal as well, but not sure I want to spend $800+ on a selectable locker.. Decisions decisions!!

Wish the XK had sliders for $260 lol....
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

First weekend with it, what did you do?!

I set up an appointment with 4wheelparts to do ujoints, diff service and make adjustments. I say adjustments cause we put on the lift and the guy went over the whole Jeep with me, really nice cool guy. I didnt know much about it so it was very informative. Turns out I have adjustable control arms, track bar and drop pitman arm, things I was concerned about that was causing vibes we eliminated. Adam and I determined I have a hack and tap sye kit which isnt ideal but gets the job done. The guy said everything looks to be done right as far as the lift goes, no lift blocks or spacers. So Friday it goes in for the ujoints and diff service, they are going to let me see wahts in the diffs, I have no clue cause the guy I got it from bought it the way it is.

So i did the normal things, plugs wires cap and rotor as well as new air filter. Cleaned up the engine bay to look for leaks and to my surprise nothing concerning. Im going to get new headlights, really considering the LED ones, although pricey Ive seen them on an XJ at 4WP and they're pretty nice. Once I get services done I have to figure out which direction to go first, rear locker? Sliders? Skids? etc..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    You should swap in some XK headlights!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image-339164637.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	41.0 KB 
ID:	2179  

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	commander headlights.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	2178  

2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

That would be pretty badass but Im not in a position to cut up the front and do custom work, no garage, tools in storage etc.. Im upgrading to h4 conversion lights, just ordered them today to help with output cause these suck!

Got her cleaned up a bit today during lunch...

I ordered the Rampage H4 conversion headlights to get rid of these pathetic excuse for lights and angry eyes. Scheduled to get drive shaft ujoints and 4wd service at 4wheelparts. They only charge $50 for the 4wd service and they go through quite a bit, wish I had a garage to this myself. I've made my decision on ajsoffroad sliders after all the reviews and going to do the rear quarter panels with grab bar, I've always liked the look. Jacob I know you said you haven't even scratched your skids but its cheap insurance so engine, trans and tcase will be covered soon.. I'll post links of this stuff when I get back on my computer

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Page 52 of 65 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462 ... LastLast

Thread Information