Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    Here's the link to the rear quarter side guards, they're from Rustys as is the front and rear bumpers, http://www.rustysoffroad.com/jeep-sk...el-guards.html

The sliders look exactly like SA ones which is why Im going that route, the extra protection provides good pivot point and these have fantastic reviews. http://www.ajsoffroadarmor.com/produ...cat=250&page=1

From here is going to be where some decisions will be made, but all in due time. Quite a few have suggested doing a front locker, like a lock-right, supposedly it doesnt make any noise or affect performance when in 2WD and for $210 on sale right now Im considering it. Its not the best but with a decent rear and front setup I doubt it'd make that much of a difference.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Senior Member Getting Dirty hoaxci5's Avatar
    Gas tank skid would be my first skid recommendation if your's doesn't have it. (After rock rails) That is my next purchase but I haven't hit it (hard) yet.. but it's been close a couple of times.

I think I'd do gas/t-case and leave the trans/motor skids for last. Once rock rails are on, it pushes that stuff even further up out of the way since you will most likely hit the rails first.

While it's at the shop, I assume they have an rti ramp or something to check the flex. I'd make sure its bump stopped right so you don't tear up the tires your first time wheeling it.

I actually thought about that after I posted, Ill take a look and go from there.. I plan on cutting the fenders up front and installing the Bushwacker flat flare, they're pricey but I like them the most. I wont run without flares, I prefer the look with the flares..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

I can't bring myself to pay for bushwackers, but I do really like the look of their flat fenders for sure. I'm not loving running without fenders, but I haven't run into any legal trouble (yet) and I'm hoping to pickup a tow rig so the xj won't see much street duty if that happens. It's pretty crappy driving it in the rain without fenders, water flings everywhere..

Exactly! I know they're really expensive its going to hurt a bit but they look clean and even come with a flap that goes in the inner fender well to seal the door jams from getting stuffed with mud. May ask for my Xmas present to just help with that, the other things seem relatively inexpensive things to do, its so easy to shop for these Jeeps!

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    Those rusty's side guards would be sweet in an XK-variant. Pretty much the same body lines, just a bit bigger surface area.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Have you found these guys yet? No rub rail on their rear quarter armor, but pretty cheap price.
    http://www.dirtboundoffroad.com/jeep...-xj/armor.html

Yea I looked into those, I really like having that rub bar for a few reasons, one being protecting that window, apparently the trails around here can get real tight even for XJs. Other being a grab bar to get to rack and spare. I'm purchasing the lock-right today for the front, for $210 I think its well worth it. After xmas I'll buy a powertrax for rear and sliders. I was going to wait on flares but I've got construction still in my new apartment complex and when it rainsnit literally looks like I went wheeling in clay, so I may get stupid this week..

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Gave her a quick bath yesterday. .

No more angry eyes!!

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

Ive decided to upgrade the shocks and steering stabilizer, after buying the Fox shocks for my XK Ive decided I want something similar on the XJ. I hate the way white shocks look, not a huge fan of the ride on these and they're really not that great to begin with. Also buying 4.56 gears, lockright front and powertrax rear, after Xmas, just need to find a deal on install.

Page 53 of 65 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563 ... LastLast

Thread Information