Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Core XK's Avatar
    Yeah I don't do that much Andrew but I do pay a friend of mine $80.00 to do everything you just mentioned; I get this done about twice a year. He spends about 6-7 hours doing it and I am too lazy to do that LOL

But I totally agree with you on taking care of it especially with all of the money we put into it.

EDIT: My friend I speak of details cars for a living at a Honda Dealership.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

My Garage: http://www.theultimatejeep.com/showt...re-XK-s-Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    I like to think I take care of mine.... lol im not exactly letting it rust away. I spent a good hour underneath cleaning every nook & cranny; I focus on the mechanical stuff more than the paint (but dont neglect the paint). For example about twice a month all my my bushings and boots get a dose of silicone spray to keep them fresh.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I like to think I take care of mine.... lol im not exactly letting it rust away. I spent a good hour underneath cleaning every nook & cranny; I focus on the mechanical stuff more than the paint (but dont neglect the paint). For example about twice a month all my my bushings and boots get a dose of silicone spray to keep them fresh.
    You'll have to show me your routines for this I may start if I continue to offroad every few months.

Hey Andrew, I have some serious ware in my seats. Now I don't have the limited so only the trim of my seats are leather. However, the center part where you sit are bolster and have some crazy ware for only a 2 year old truck. Since you detailed for a few years do you have any idea what it may cost me to have them repaired to look new?

I also have some serious scratches on the plastic inside the XK....it drives my OCD crazy and I cannot get it out (either could the detailer...unless he slacked)
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I enjoy the detail process and dont trust anyone to do it for me haha.. This winter will be very hard for me, I think Ill be at the car wash, rinsing and rinsing away..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Depends on the wear, post some pics I can tell you what can be done if anything. Is it cracked, scuffed, worn off, discolored.. Some of it can be taken out with a good leather conditioner, stay away from anything that leaves a slimy feel as it usually isnt condition much, Meguiars has some decent stuff but do some research on leather conditioners, some good stuff out there..
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Depends on the wear, post some pics I can tell you what can be done if anything. Is it cracked, scuffed, worn off, discolored.. Some of it can be taken out with a good leather conditioner, stay away from anything that leaves a slimy feel as it usually isnt condition much, Meguiars has some decent stuff but do some research on leather conditioners, some good stuff out there..
    This is the only pic I have right now but you can kind of see what I'm talking about

2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

If you are referring to the creases in the base of seat, get yourself a good conditioner and work it in those creases, it will prevent it from cracking.. Also condition seat stitching to prevent it from splitting. the wear on the dash shifter bezel there isnt anything you can do and scratched plastic as well next to replacing it..

If you are referring to the creases in the base of seat, get yourself a good conditioner and work it in those creases, it will prevent it from cracking.. Also condition seat stitching to prevent it from splitting. the wear on the dash shifter bezel there isnt anything you can do and scratched plastic as well next to replacing it..
    Okay sounds good, thanks. Do you sugges any praticular conditioner and seat stitching?
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

What I was referring to with the seat stitching was condition it, lexol has a decent product but do some research, I like a thick creamy conditioner that your first apply, let sit for a while and wipe excess off..

What I was referring to with the seat stitching was condition it, lexol has a decent product but do some research, I like a thick creamy conditioner that your first apply, let sit for a while and wipe excess off..
    I will look into this when I get back from vacation. I leave in 10 mins and of course I am on TUJ before I leave.
    2010 Silver HEMI XK QTII

Page 6 of 65 FirstFirst ... 456781656 ... LastLast

Thread Information