Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I guess the truck not selling is a sign it shouldn't have happened... I'll find something, there's actually an LJ Rubicon for a good price out of Ohio I may consider. Showing truck tmrw so we will see
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Alright my fellow Jeepers, I need your insight. I have 2 LJs Im looking into. The first one Ill mention is in Fla, its a Rubicon 6" lift with 38" super swampers which Ill be taking off and putting 35 MTRs on, has adjustable arms, looks to be Rubicon Express lift and thats pretty much it. I have a small deposit on it for my dad has time to go look tmrw. That one is about 15.5 with 118k on it, right at what book says it is, yellow in color. Here is link, yes it is dirty it will be cleaned..
    http://www.beachbuggys.net/web/used/...rida/19865427/

Next is a regular LJ unlimited non Rubicon 2006 out of TN. It appears to have 4.5" BDS lift but may be another brand cant tell on shocks, has highline fenders front and rear, winch, CB, bumpers, lights, 35 BFGs, 107k miles at 14k. The dealer said it needs some minor work which its at the shop getting fixed- front brake caliper and leaking trans line. Has no front sway bar but I was planning on adding the Currie AntiRock anyway. Here is the link for this one...
    http://www.zmotorschatt.com/2006_Jee..._247769058.veh

Obviously we are talking 2 sides on the spectrum here and thats where my dilemma is. I know Matt's take is the least modded one to make my own, and I really like the yellow look with black additions, 4.11 gears, 4:1 transfer case, and it being a Fla Jeep. The black one is appealing cause its got a lot of mods Id like to have and I dont mind the minor maintenance that EITHER will have, they are used Jeeps that will probably need a few things, Im ok with that. Just looking for some trustworthy advise from Jeepers I trust. Thanks guys
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    As if the LJ's weren't rare enough to find LOL. The Rubicon unlimited adds to its rarity. I think both will require some work because their Jeeps and modified. At least with the Rubicon you get the 4:1 transfer case and bigger axles. But I would confirm through the VIN# Just make sure that's an actual Rubicon first. It would probably take less then 2k to get this one modded like the black one.

A couple of reasons I would buy the black one. First is I don't like yellow LOL. Second is if I know I'll never have the funds or time to do all the mods it already has and have no intentions of ever needing to upgrade axles and stuff and with 35's you won't need to. Also if your just wheeling around NC the black is Jeep is plenty for around here. Now if you plan on going to gulches and trying the crazy lines that's another story.

Even though I think the black one looks better and is plenty of Jeep for the NC area and you can probably get it cheaper. It is how ever hard to walk away form the TC and axles in the Rubicon. I would probably go Rubicon LOL

Hahaha Sal great points on the black one! If everything checks out with the Rubi thats the route Im going. And to do the fenders and rockers is about 1k depending on which company I do. The front bumper and winch arent really a necessity for me and there are a ton of nice used ones on the market. I cant pass up a good deal on the Rubicon and Im biased for black and yellow cause Im a diehard STEELERS fan!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Im biased for black and yellow cause Im a diehard STEELERS fan!!!
    Another reason I don't like yellow

The other reason is its 10 mins from my Dads place, so before I do anything he will get to shake it down. After the last experience and talking with some other dealers I just dont trust anything I cant touch. Itll cost more to get it here but I think its the better move

The other reason is its 10 mins from my Dads place, so before I do anything he will get to shake it down. After the last experience and talking with some other dealers I just dont trust anything I cant touch. Itll cost more to get it here but I think its the better move
    I wouldn't trust any of them either. That's a big plus having your dad that close. Good luck man and keep us posted.

Dad just drove it, everything checks out so far!!!

Moved forward with purchase, everything checked out great except tires are obnoxious which arent staying on long but mechanically its damn near perfect! AND it has fluids, light and wipers hahahaha

Ill update it tmrw when I get some clean pictures of it, definitely really excited about this purchase, apparently this is the rarest LJ you can buy and everyone knows how I feel about being an owner of rare Jeeps! Thanks for everyone's insight, Sal looking forward to meeting you sometime soon

Moved forward with purchase, everything checked out great except tires are obnoxious which arent staying on long but mechanically its damn near perfect! AND it has fluids, light and wipers hahahaha

Ill update it tmrw when I get some clean pictures of it, definitely really excited about this purchase, apparently this is the rarest LJ you can buy and everyone knows how I feel about being an owner of rare Jeeps! Thanks for everyone's insight, Sal looking forward to meeting you sometime soon
    That's good news man, congratulations! I'd be excited for a Rubicon LJ as well. We will defiantly have to meet at some point hopefully on a rock pile somewhere LOL Their might also be plans to go to a off road park a couple hours west of Charlotte sometime this summer as well. Keep us up to date!

Page 61 of 65 FirstFirst ... 11515960616263 ... LastLast

Thread Information