Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast

Thread: 06JeepXKHEMI's Garage

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 06JeepXKHEMI's Avatar
    I can get adapters for it, that's not a bit concern. Really wish they made 37s mtrs in 15s, I like having the most amount of tire I can and the cost is significantly less. I'll have to shop around and see what's out there. If I can get something like those you posted with wheels I'll do it and save for mtrs. Still think 37s may be a bit much for the stock 4.11s but we will see.
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

As far as my wheeling style, I'm open to trying a lot of things. That being said I wouldn't risk rolling it, I like to have fun hut difficult trails and get stuck, but doing serious damage just isn't worth it in my DD car.
    I work from home so I drive maybe 5 miles a day to the gym and miscellaneous errands, but I want to be able to take this to myrtle and Daytona for jeep week. It needs to be a happy medium, that's why I thought 35s would be great, maybe I'll have to reconsider
    2K6 Limited Jeep Green Metallic/Saddle Brown Leather XK HEMI QDII Old Man Emu HD Suspension w/ Fox Emulsion 2.0 Rear Shocks 1.5" SpiderTraxx Wheel Spacers 265/70 GoodYear MTRs w/Kevlar True Dual Exhuast w/IMCO 50 K&N 63 CAI Diablo 91/Performance Transmission Tuned SA Belly Skid MOPAR Gas Tank Skid, Transfer Case Skid, Suspension Skid Front Tow Hooks 6k HID Lows/3k Fogs

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    4:11 on 37's is pushing it, but your situation kinda lets you get away with it. Unless you don't mind the larger wheel to fender gap then go with your 35's and save the 37's for the trail or sell them and get some armor. The trip to the beach is pretty flat ground so its not a huge problem running 37's down their. Its not like your going every weekend right. I would ride around for about a month or so and see how it goes. But if you regear, 37's won't be an issue. Maybe truss and weld the axles and you should be good. Or swap out the springs or cut them to drop you down an 1" or 2". Lots of options I guess.

I don't plan on regearing unless someone could help me with it, don't have that kind of money with planning a wedding now!
    I could find some used ones and play around with it, ideally those that Matt posted would be good, if I could find some mtrs like that I'd be happy to say the least. I won't be going anywhere far often, I'd really keep the 38s it has now if my dad said is wasn't so rough, apparently they aren't worn great and they don't have great on road manners anyway. I could swap out the coils and do 35s, is that all I'd need to do is coils?!?

Matt is the expert at cutting coils. I'm sure their is more to it then that to consider like shock length and stuff. I was just thinking and typing at the same time LOL Most people run to much pressure in the tires. I run my 33's at a max of 30PSI on the road. My Jeep is light when aired down to 12PSI you can't even tell at all by looking at them. These large tires on light Jeeps need to be aired down or they are really rough. I do think the smaller you can go the better off your on road will be for sure. Even just a 1" smaller would be good and save some weight on your axles.

Yea. I wouldn't cut the coils I'd probably just go buy new ones so have correct spring rates, but if that essentially is all I'd have to do I may go that route. But by the time you factor that cost in I'm close to 37s. There is a kid selling 37 toyos but they're 17s so I'd need new wheels. Isn't a huge deal since I could probably get 800-1000 for the current set up you think?

Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Yea. I wouldn't cut the coils I'd probably just go buy new ones so have correct spring rates, but if that essentially is all I'd have to do I may go that route. But by the time you factor that cost in I'm close to 37s. There is a kid selling 37 toyos but they're 17s so I'd need new wheels. Isn't a huge deal since I could probably get 800-1000 for the current set up you think?

Shouldn't be a problem getting that amount for 37's. Its worth posting in NC 4x4 face book group if you do sell anything in addition to the normal places.

That's my thoughts sell locally and get some 37s, he's only asking 1300 for the set which is a good if they really only have 1500 miles on em.

New, these 38x15x15 swampers are 530 a piece, wonder what I should ask for them alone

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by 06JeepXKHEMI View Post
    Thanks guys! Pretty pumped about it, I've been waiting for jeep for awhile hahhahaha kidding. Had to keep this one around, she's awesome y'all will meet her on some wheeling trips.

As far as the Jeep goes, those tires can't stay, to big and really impractical for DD, I kind of starting to like the wheels. But they don't make MTRs in anything larger than 35s in a 15 inch wheel, so I'm struggling to figure out what to do. I'd have to go to 37s I a 17 which are crazy expensive. The 35s are ideal just not sure how small they'd look. Thoughts, opinions etc..
    hate to say it but grabbing some adapters and some JK moabs for a set of 35x17s would look amazing- I mean it is a rubi after all. I do dig those wheels, but I feel like you could offset the cost of the new wheel/tire set up by selling those.

does it have a full size spare? im pretty sure you could find a set of 4.5" RE springs for cheap or someone willing to swap. great thing about having a TJ/LJ the swap meet section of most jeep websites is flooded with stuff. great rig man, I LOVE LJRs. def on my radar as my next jeep
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Page 63 of 65 FirstFirst ... 13536162636465 LastLast

Thread Information