Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My Steel Armadillo Rear Bumper and my Mod's

Senior Member Getting Dirty The_War_Wagon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    The current price for the bumper is $1,200 and the tire carrier adds $500. I am working to brings those costs down and after the one currently in production I will have a confirmed price.
    My wife is gonna kill me when I order one of those...
    '07 Jeep Commander, Rocky Mountain Edition - 287 V-8 - Superchipped - aFe Stage II R-5A CAI - Flowmaster Super 44 - 2" Daystar lift - Spidertrax spacers - 32x10.5x17 Cooper A/T's - Fastman throttlebody - Skyjacker 8000 shocks

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Do you have the pictures from when you relocated the camera? Looking for the type of wire and how the camera itself looked... .
    I'm sorry ... but.. the photos of my camera relocation along with the starting photos of my dual battery mod and a few others were lost in a digital black hole that I ventured to close to one day ( in other words I'm sure I had nothing to do with it ..LOL).

But.. and for once.. a good But.. I started this mod my using Sespe Commander's great thread ! > http://www.jeepcommander.com/forums/...ead.php?t=8902 .

It should have most of the info you are looking for!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    No problem man. And talking about losing pictures I had some very important pictures vanish... on my hard drive nonetheless

did you do anything with your trailer plug, or just use the 4-pin adapter when you need to?

I plan on using the 4-pin to power my license plate light and hopefully some aux reverse lights (thinking some embedded LED's). So i'd like to put a 6-way adapter back on similar to the stock setup.

did you do anything with your trailer plug, or just use the 4-pin adapter when you need to?.

I found a "splitter" that plugs into my stock 4-pin and then splits into 3 more 4-pin outlets.

One like your thinking, I use for my license plate light, one for my multifunction light on the roof rack and the last if needed, for anything else.

I plan on using the 4-pin to power my license plate light and hopefully some aux reverse lights (thinking some embedded LED's).
    For my aftermarket reverse lights, I did the traditional tap from the factory reverse light and then used it as the trigger for a relay. I also have a separate manual switch wired to the same trigger on the relay to manually turn on my aftermarket backup lights when needed. I added a diode on the reverse light trigger lead to isolate my wiring from the vehicles just to be on the safe side. I'm not used to "computer" vehicles Lol.. so I have tried to isolate all my electrical work from the Jeeps.

Embedded LEDs... sounds great !
    Last edited by 1USMC; 11-16-2013 at 10:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1USMC View Post
    For my aftermarket reverse lights, I did the traditional tap from the factory reverse light and then used it as the trigger for a relay. I also have a separate manual switch wired to the same trigger on the relay to manually turn on my aftermarket backup lights when needed. I added a diode on the reverse light trigger lead to isolate my wiring from the vehicles just to be on the safe side. I'm not used to "computer" vehicles Lol.. so I have tried to isolate all my electrical work from the Jeeps.

Embedded LEDs... sounds great !
    That's exactly what I was planning on doing.. But instead of on the roof, i want to embed two of these in the bumper itself:

And I had the same thought about putting a diode on the vehicles reverse light trigger; cheap insurance!

Kind of like this, but not as deep inset:

Rigid makes a flush mount dually... but i dont like the idea of visible mounting screws (or the price). Figure it's easy enough to weld a tab inside the bumper to mount these things.

Senior Member Getting Dirty ped4599's Avatar
    This is a very awesome set up!
    2010 Black LIMITED HEMI, Quadra DRIVE II, 2.25 inch RR lift, Off road tires (in garage) MAXXIS 265/70-17 on RUBI rims, 1.5 inch Spydertrax spacers, 4xguard: EVERYTHING I CAN GET MY HANDS ON! ROLA roof rack, RUGGED RIDGE 8500 synthetic winch, and a car seat with a CUTE backseat driver.

That's exactly what I was planning on doing.. But instead of on the roof, i want to embed two of these in the bumper itself:
    My 93 ZJ Limited did not come with fog lights (or a place for them). It has them now !

This is my version of partially embedded bumper lights. Lol

I have often though of doing something like that on the front of my XK but having them more on the corners at a 45 deg perhaps. I now feel very happy with my forward lighting.

You know I think I have helped Hi-Jack my own thread !!
    Last edited by 1USMC; 11-18-2013 at 12:35 AM.

Technically we're still talking about your bumper. Lol I promise to start my own thread when mine arrives!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information