Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What you need to know about programmers and tuning if you want to mod your commander.

What you need to know about programmers and tuning if you want to mod your commander.

Guys and Gals, if you have a Commander or any other late model mopar with a hemi you need to ask yourself a question before you buy a programmer.... Do I ever want to mod this more than just a cai, catback and tires. If you say NO....then buy whatever you want. If you say "Hales Naw, I need a 392 and a lift, and big tires, and ported heads and etc....then you have to have a custom tune.

CMR is the leading software for tuning late model hemi's. Just like any gm guy will have to use lsedit and most ford guys use SCT, late model mopar tuners use CMR...it's the only way to make your bucket run correctly.

So, what do YOU the consumer do. Buy a Diablo Predator or Trinity...as Diablo owns and sells and uses CMR software for these vehicles. Then you find a local tuner. www.lxforums.com has lots of people around the country that build and tune these late model hemi vehicles.

I have people I recommend, but won't mention them as they aren't supporters of this forum.

If you guys and gals have questions about mods please pm me. I may be a lowly mercedes tech now, but I've spent the last few years modding these hemi vehicles for a living and have picked up some info along the way.

Justin

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty strokeZ's Avatar
    What is your experience and is there a similar tuner for the 4.7L? Does the FlexFuel option make a difference?
    2012 Jeep JKU Rubicon - 4-1/2" AEV lift w 35" Toyo's

03 BMW Z4 2.5i ESS Stage 2 Supercharged, Custom Suspension, Stebro Exhaust, Hamann Side Skirts

85 BMW 535is Lowering springs, bilstein sport shocks, extra attitude

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    You can tune all the engine options for the commander to control lots of stuff and programming the tune for running certain fuels is a part of that as well as the shift patterns in the trans and all kinds of stuff. The Hemi is not the only engine that is tunable and as I always like to rub it in it's not real Hemi anyway well, I think I'm funny LOL. There is no need to tune like the OP said just for a CAI but lots of guys are getting a lot better performance and MPG using programmers and everyone seems to love the way the trans runs afterwards.

www.airram.com

These guys know alot about 4.7 performance. I never had the opportunity to work on them. They can also tell you who to go to for custom tuning if you want to upgrade to H.O. cams or ported heads and such.

And Sal, Hemi or not this is one of the "not quite Hemi" cars that I built. Unfortunately the owner of another shop totaled it before we upped the boost to the target of 15 psi. But the car was crazy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zQ17C2NAyKk

sweet ride don't mind me I just like poking like the Hemi thing you should see me get the QD2 guys going LOL. It's a shame you never got thing on the track you might have posted some good numbers

wasn't mine, it was a customers vehicle. And he did bring it to the track. Even with slicks he was spinning through the 1/8 mile and ran an 11.20 or 30...lots of traction issues and he was having trouble with the tranny shifting at times. So he brought it to the tranny builder and that guy parked it into 3 concrete poles.

J

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Whats out there for the all mighty 3.7L monster?
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Quote Originally Posted by IamJEEP View Post
    Whats out there for the all mighty 3.7L monster?
    A trade in for the V8 LMAO hahahahah

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty IamJEEP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    A trade in for the V8 LMAO hahahahah
    Lmao!!! You aint right!
    ****Uwharrie Aprroved****
    2006 Commander Sport- 3.7L- 4X4*Inferno Red Crystal Pearl*Rocky Road 2.25" lift *"Limited" Color-Matched Rear Grab Handles*Mopar Hitch/Harness*4xGaurd Matrix w/Fogs*Rear Bumper Lights*Tinted Front Side Markers*MHT Fuel Hostage 17x8.5 +14ET*Nitto Terra Graplers 265/70/17*
    --------->My Garage<------------------

RAGE ROOF RACK MEMBER #2
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Then I drove her hard for about 45 mins.

Hahahahahha you been dishing your fare share lately offering me up to walk the plank. LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information