Thread: I want one

Senior Member Getting Dirty

I want one

I thought I should post something in here. This section looked neglected...

I am trying to convince my wife that she wants one of these to replace her 01 Audi. I prefer the Patriot, she prefers the Compass; but doesn't want either one. She wants another Audi S4 but she'll just wreck it again by trying to use it as a snowplow. I've replaced the front bumper on her current Audi 3 times in 11 years! Not to mention the actual accidents she has been involved in with it - one her fault the other two not her's.

I'm thinking something with a little more ground clearance and cheaper to repair. 4wd a must, I can't downgrade her since she has to cart our kids around. The Audi has Quattro and with snow tires is unstoppable, even after tearing the lower front valence to shreds on icy drifts.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Well I have to say bro your nuts! Trying to get your wife from an Audi to a compass or patriot LOL I would look at you like your nuts too! Those things are like taking a smelly bus compared to anything in that class she is use to driving. All those classes make decent SUVs BMW Mercedes all have good AWD vehicles for snow. Maybe she would like the grand Cherokee maybe. Ford edge seems decent as well bro. If its not for off road I would not own a jeep there pricy for what your getting.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Noooooo..... I couldn't see paying for one of those! I can't stand when I get stuck with one as a rental.. and to go from an Audi to that is a huuuge downgrade. I'd get a Mazda CX7 or 9 long before (I think a member here got a Mazda recently right??).

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    I'd get a Mazda CX7 or 9 long before (I think a member here got a Mazda recently right??).
    Boom, you are correct Matt - We have had our 2011 CX-7 for a little over 3 months now... this thing is awesome. No 4x4 though, but I think they have an AWD model.

I get like 28 mpg going 80 down the road. I have been impressed so far.

As far as a patriot, man those things are garbage. I had one as rental, now it was probably the lowest of the base models, but that thing was weak sauce. felt very fragile. My wifes civic felt more sturdy than that thing
    Last edited by BonesWK; 05-24-2012 at 05:32 AM.
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    I'd take the Patriot hands down, over the Compass any day. The Patriot is more conservative to Jeep stayling. it's got an increased body lift, which translates to better approach, break-over, and departure angles. I've been contemplating getting one because I make a 120 mile round trip drive to work a couple days a week, and I have no interest in little cars. I'd keep my WK and use this as a DD. But the 4x4 is adequate for this little tiger. It's a light vehicle, and it's actually quite agile on the road - never got the sense it needed a 6cylinder by any means - Most people just grow accustomed to a certain type of power. I wouldn't recommend it for a family of 4. But for folks with no kids, or single folks like me it makes a fun vehicle to take to the beach. Slap on a BL and some 31's... this puppy will make a fun vehicle. I can't state whether it will make a good rock crawler or not... that's not my objective. But the Latitude model is superb.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    I'm in the same spot.
    I'm trying to replace the 06 G35x Sedan for my wife. I have tried to get her to look at a GC or similar SUV W/ AWD/4x4. She wants another car W/Power Loaded because that is what we had with the G35x. The 4 door sedans we are looking to replace it with are 2k6 thru 2k8 Dodge Charger R/T 4DR AWD Hemi or Same Yr range Dodge Magnum R/T AWD Hemi. Also looking @ 2k3 Audi RS4 or another G35/37 x 2008. all of these are with in the same price range. Reasoning for her wanting car is that with another baby doesn't want to lift into SUV. 3 yr & Newborn, So I can understand.
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Senior Member Getting Dirty BonesWK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by pjmjr508 View Post
    I'm in the same spot.
    I'm trying to replace the 06 G35x Sedan for my wife. I have tried to get her to look at a GC or similar SUV W/ AWD/4x4. She wants another car W/Power Loaded because that is what we had with the G35x. The 4 door sedans we are looking to replace it with are 2k6 thru 2k8 Dodge Charger R/T 4DR AWD Hemi or Same Yr range Dodge Magnum R/T AWD Hemi. Also looking @ 2k3 Audi RS4 or another G35/37 x 2008. all of these are with in the same price range. Reasoning for her wanting car is that with another baby doesn't want to lift into SUV. 3 yr & Newborn, So I can understand.
    Im in the wrong business I suppose lol. Would love to be shopping for an RS4 or a Charger R/T for the wife!

Whatever you guys get, post up some pictures!
    Ryan ---- 2006 WK 4.7 QDII <- Click for Garage
    2.25" RR Lift - Front Bilstiens - Rear OMEs - 32" Wildpeaks - Saguaro 4x Shackles - Tail Light Guards - AFE intake - Rola - Exhaust
    Twitter Facebook ---- Chive On
    Quote Originally Posted by AJeepZJ View Post
    Can't wait to see that big girl on those fat meats!

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty pjmjr508's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BonesWK View Post
    Im in the wrong business I suppose lol. Would love to be shopping for an RS4 or a Charger R/T for the wife!

Whatever you guys get, post up some pictures!
    lol Ment to say 2k3 RS6
    Only way I can swing something like these is that they are used, I could not afford new for any of them. all of the ones I listed for under 60k on miles is between 20 to 25k (Except the RS6 is closer to 30k)
    PJMJR508
    (Happy Jeep)

Thread Information