Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: I found it on Craigs List...

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty 1USMC's Avatar
    ...."Let the buyer beware"...

Senior Member Getting Dirty Ross's Avatar
    I know this thread is meant for funny craigslist posts, but I have a question on some jeep parts near me. There is an american rebel outlaw 10 bolt diff cover for sale for 95$ that's listed for a dana 35. The post says it is also compatible with an XK rear 10 bolt, is this true?

Heres's a link: http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/4098946447.html
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by psycho787 View Post
    I know this thread is meant for funny craigslist posts, but I have a question on some jeep parts near me. There is an american rebel outlaw 10 bolt diff cover for sale for 95$ that's listed for a dana 35. The post says it is also compatible with an XK rear 10 bolt, is this true?

Heres's a link: http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/4098946447.html
    The shape looks identical to my American Rebel rear diff cover. Why don't you call American rebel and ask them or better yet look on their website and see if they share the same part number. Unless that's what Jon did
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Edit: I just held it over my stock rear diff cover and none of the bolts lined up, looks like I shoulda done a bit more research.

Well, I pulled the trigger and just bought it. It came with a new gasket, all the hardware, and even a decal. The seller purchased it to be used on a 2001 XJ Chrysler 8.25, but it was the wrong size.
    Last edited by Ross; 11-26-2013 at 03:24 PM.
    2008 3.7L QT-1 dark blue Jeep Commander // 3+" modified OME lift with 3/8" Rocky Road strut spacer // 4" rear SL springs // 265/70/17 Goodyear Duratracs (Load E) // 1.5" spidertraxx spacers // F-150 Monroe Load Levelers // 4xguard matrix, front guard, belly guard, and rock sliders // 130 watt KC Daylighters - 2 // Airflow snorkel // Thrush welded exhaust // Defender Roof Rack with side ladder // Hypertech Max Energy Programmer

Edit: I just held it over my stock rear diff cover and none of the bolts lined up, looks like I shoulda done a bit more research.

Well, I pulled the trigger and just bought it. It came with a new gasket, all the hardware, and even a decal. The seller purchased it to be used on a 2001 XJ Chrysler 8.25, but it was the wrong size.
    We have an 8.25 in the rear of our XK's. If it didn't work for his it wouldn't work for ours. You should have called American Rebel first
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Yup, looks like I got a heavy duty paperweight now. If anyone needs a rear diff cover for a dana 35, just let me know.

Haha post it back on craigslist! Or can't you return it? That ad said it would fit your Jeep and obviously it didn't.

Yea, I will start postin it up on the cherokee forums and craigslist. Of course the guy wont return my messages or answer my calls.

Yea, I will start postin it up on the cherokee forums and craigslist. Of course the guy wont return my messages or answer my calls.
    Go to his house? Unless you guys met somewhere other than his house lol

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information