Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: My RC Commander Build

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    Yep! The batteries don't last long in that big thing.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    What kind of truck is it? Gotta get some bigger batteries!

Senior Member Getting Dirty DetroitMarauder's Avatar
    I'm not sure. I think it was custom built. A know my friend's uncle whom I bought it from custom made the chassis. What's awesome is that it has a rear locker on it. When it's climbing all I have to do is hold a button and she digs in.

I think the batteries are a little on the older side I also may just need to charge them a little longer. They were only on for about 15 minutes.
    2008 Jeep Commander 3.7L V6 4x4, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Bilstein Struts, Monroe Sensa-Trac Load Leveler Shocks, Rusty's Adjustable Track Bar, K&N CAI 63, Flowmaster Super 44 Offroad Muffler, Bull bar w/ driving lights.

Had a surprise on my doorstep when I got home tonight!!!

Had a bit too much to drink last weekend one night and ended up bidding on a used Losi Night Crawler on eBay.... be damned that i won!

I didn't actually mount the body on it yet, just sat it on it. I'll raise it up about 1/2" when I mount it to give the tires more room to flex. But this is going to be fun

Some specs:

Losi Night Crawler (1:10)
    Novac goat 3s crawler brushless system w/ 18.5T motor
    Savox SC-1256 servo
    Airtronics MX3 FG Radio
    one 3s and two 2s LiPo batteries 5000mah
    Rover white dot tires
    Proline wheels
    Losi white springs
    Aftermarket links

Administrator
    Blog Entries
    Now I guess I have to take mine out of the box and get going on it too!
    2006 XK Limited, 5.7L Hemi
    Dark Khaki, QDII, Rocky Road 2.25" lift, Steel Armadillo front bumper with Warn PowerPlant winch, Steel Armadillo rear bumper w/ tire carrier, Rock Sliders, Light Bar & Front Fender Tube Fenders, 4xGuard belly skid plate & rear differential guard, BFG M/T A/T 255/75R17s on Rubicon rims, Spidertrax 1.5 inch wheel spacers, Rhino Rack Pioneer Tray with FoxWing Awning, Superchips VIVID Programmer, Air Flow snorkel, Steel Armadillo Secure Console, Cobra CB Radio, Lock Pick Video Programmer, ASFIR Skid Plates.

Knappster's Garage

Profile for Knappsters

AKA: the Owner of The Steel Armadillo L.L.C.

Quote Originally Posted by Knappster View Post
    Now I guess I have to take mine out of the box and get going on it too!
    Yeah man you've been slacking big time. Ive been looking forward to seeing a mini SA sticker on your crawler!

Senior Member Getting Dirty criket's Avatar
    That is so cool Matt! It should be even more fun now.

That's funny how you said you had too much to drink and bought something on ebay. I've done the same thing one time but it was on jegs or summit racing, lol.
    SOLD - 2005 | WK | Khaki | 3.7 | QT1 | OME HD Front Struts | Rusty's 2" lift in Rear w/ Monroe load levelers (F150 version) | 265/70 Nitto Terra Grapplers | 17" Moabs | 1.5" wheel spacers | Pinch weld mod | Rear fender trim mod | 4xG Matrix w/ reciever hitch | 4xG Belly guard | SOLID Diff cover | Cobra CB radio | 4xG CB radio antenna mount

lol yeah man it was pretty funny... i remembered bidding on it but my wife didnt (she wasn't drinking obviously, ~7 months preggy, just super tired and passed out next to me). So when i got the email the next morning saying I won the bid, I was like "crap, i didn't think i'd actually win". Of course she said "win what?".... I then had to remind her of the cool toy that she gave me the 'OK' to waste some money on

It's all good. Lifes about having fun right? I gotta get that XK body mounted on it Sunday so me and my boy can play with it. You shoulda heard him this morning when he saw that thing on the kitchen table.... "WWHOOOOOOAAAAAA!!! MOM!!! LOOK WHATS ON THE TABLE!!!"... seriously that made the purchase worth it!

Me and my boy did some work today on our rock crawlers.... I basically gave my commander body a "body lift" to put it on the LNC (losi night crawler). I wanted to use the standard LNC body clips so I could put the crawler body too depending on where i was.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread Information