Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: options for running 33s

Senior Member Getting Dirty

options for running 33s

so i just read the post for the OME lift and one of the post mentioned that the OME lift isnt necessarily needed if youre just streeting your WK and not adding bumpers, skids out the ass, etc... well thats me in a nutshell- daily driver, minimum skids and minimal wheeling.

so my question is given that i have a daystar BB, bilstein HDs.. would swapping this out for the RRO to gain another 1/4" plus a strut spacer and maybe some monroe LLs- add enough room for 33s? i currently have the OME rear shocks and the HD coils in my basement, i just need the struts... but i could sell that stuff to get whatever is needed to squeeze 33s on my rig.

thanks for the help.
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    I'm running 33s with the OME HD coils. I did a lot of work to the XK to get them to fit properly though. I added two inch bump stop spacers in the rear. Up front I did the rear ac/heat delete to get rid of the lines that run behind the passenger side front tire. Trimmed the front fender flare and totally cut the entire pinch weld area out. If you don't want to do all of that your better off just going with 32s
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Senior Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    I'm running 33s with the OME HD coils. I did a lot of work to the XK to get them to fit properly though. I added two inch bump stop spacers in the rear. Up front I did the rear ac/heat delete to get rid of the lines that run behind the passenger side front tire. Trimmed the front fender flare and totally cut the entire pinch weld area out. If you don't want to do all of that your better off just going with 32s
    you sure all thats necessary on a WK? i figured front and rear pinch weld work would be suffice and maybe rear bumpstops?
    2007.5 WK Laredo
    - OEM+ -

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Yeah 33s are really tough to fit without a solid 4".

If you're willing to trim as mentioned above your best bet is OME HD + 1/4" spacers and getting wheels with the peeeeerfect width/backspace; the further the wheel sticks out, the further the tire gets pushed into the firewall when the tire turns.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 07JeepXK View Post
    Yup I did about the same to get mine to fit tons a trimming cutting welding.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Guys, this gentleman owns a WK... not an XK. This removes a lot of the complexities you all had to deal with. But to answer your immediate question, Paroxysm, yes. If you can get a minimum 2.5" of lift front and rear and are willing to do the pinchweld mod, you can also sport 33's. Although you may be driving mostly on the street - do keep in mind that there are unforeseen situations where your suspension will still flex.

Super Moderator Getting Dirty 07JeepXK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by paroxysym View Post
    you sure all thats necessary on a WK? i figured front and rear pinch weld work would be suffice and maybe rear bumpstops?
    I didn't realize that you have a WK. If done properly you can run 33s. The biggest thing is having a tire/wheel combo with the proper offset/back spacing. My buddy has 33x12.5s on his 4 inch BDS lifted WK and had to completely cut the entire pinch weld area out because his tires stick out really far from the frnder. Nothing is impossible on our jeeps. Hell I'm running 33s on a two inch lift with no rubbing and I know guys with 4 inch lifted XKs and 33's that have rubbing. Its all about the setup your running.
    2007 4.7 Liter XK | Front Modified OME HD Lift | Rear 4" Superlift | JBA UCA's | Rusty's Rear Adjustable Track Bar | Rysty’s Adjustable Upper and Lower Rear Control Arms w/Heim Joints | Mickey Thompson Classic III 17x9 Wheels | 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratracs | Airflow Snorkel | Flowmaster 40 Series Muffler | Superchips Flashpaq | Mopar Skids | 4xGuard Belly Guard | American Rebel Rear Diff Cover | Rear Powertrax No-Slip | Front Electronic Locker | Rear Heat/AC Delete

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Matt's Avatar
    Damn I was thinking XK too..... wish we could see sigs & stuff in tapatalk, sometimes I forget what the OP drives

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Matt View Post
    Damn I was thinking XK too..... wish we could see sigs & stuff in tapatalk, sometimes I forget what the OP drives
    The one down fall to this app so far.

Senior Member Getting Dirty Omelet's Avatar
    Ya man if you are thinking 285/70r17 for 33" then you can do it. Like others have said take care of the front and rear fenders, extend the rear bumpstops, and get the right backspacing. I had an OME MD with 285s with those mods and it worked great. I used Moabs with .25" spacers and only rubbed up front at full lock.

[05 WK Khaki 4x4 5.7L QDII ][ 5" SL (OME HD coils and struts) ][ 295/70/17 Nitto Trail Grapplers on 17" Moabs (for the daily grind) ][ 35x12.50R17LT BFG MT KR (for wheeling) ][ Hidden Superwinch in stock bumper][ And soooooo much more... ]

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information