Thread: Vandalism?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by NeilSmith View Post
    I would say the chips in the glass are from rocks / debris, wether from your incident being stuck or just from wheeling or simple road debris. The roof dents do look as though you were moving forward when the roof line made contact with something. Could it have been a tree branch while wheeling ? Chances are that its not from vandalism as its too far up to easily reach. If someone wants to do something to a car they usually just go down the side right at hand level. So, now it needs to be fixed. Yeah, i would have the glass repaired as you would a star in the windshield. It may very well hide it good enough. For the roof, I would go the paintless dent repair ( " PDR " in the body shop world ) route. I have seen amazing results from some very talented guys doing this, complete hail jobs where the damage completely disappears. They will have to drop the headliner to get to it but it can be cheaper and easier than repainting the entire roof. If the paint is scratched through and buffing wont fix it then it may have to be repainted anyway.

Thank you very much, Neil. I appreciate your insights. I'll look into the repairs you suggest. If it's offroad damage - i'm actually ok with that and not really concerned about it at all. But if my girl has been tampered with by another hand, now that's a problem. But, I honestly don't mind battle scars, lol.
    Last edited by AJeepZJ; 06-17-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty Sal-XK's Avatar
    with our wheels sticking out so far ya we sling a lot of crap all over and easily can throw rocks or what ever into the windows. The roof looks like some lines in the dents and one looks whit not sure what could cause that but one thing for sure is if you were in the jeep when those were made you would of know it.

Lifetime Member Getting Dirty
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal-XK View Post
    with our wheels sticking out so far ya we sling a lot of crap all over and easily can throw rocks or what ever into the windows. The roof looks like some lines in the dents and one looks whit not sure what could cause that but one thing for sure is if you were in the jeep when those were made you would of know it.
    That's what I was thinking. Everything has an explanation, but at the same time - it's makes me raise an eyebrow and it seems really suspicious. I'm keeping an eye on it now, and I've inspected the entire vehicle and I've got pics. I will know if anything else shows up anymore. The next step is just to park my Jeep at my old man's place and get a motorcycle. Besides, I won't be living at my current much longer.

Thread Information