This is the second time it has happened (2 different doors) but I was in a hurry and never did a write up for the first. The rear passanger window wouldn't go up anymore so it was time to clean the contacts on the switch. This is a very common problem with momentary switches and relays of all sorts. Some you can repair and others you have to replace. I have seen this on limit switches as well. Any time there is a make or break of power it produces an arc on the copper contacts. Over time the contact becomes so coated it prevents the transfer of power.

This repair is all about "gentle" prying!!!!

The switch pops out of the door trim by prying on one end.
Next you remove the switch from the bezel by prying at the tabs.

Now seperate the toggle from the housing by prying at the pivot point of the toggle.

Now remove the white plastic bottom by prying the tabs.

The circuit card will now slide out the bottom. Carefully pry the toggle off the card at the pivot point again.

Now remove the contact strips. When turned over you can see the black build up on the contact points.

Remove the build up with the magic #2 pencil eraser. This also works wonders on battery contact points for flashlights. I can't count the number of times this was the fix for NVG's or EO Tech sights.

The contact on the board can be first cleaned by breaking of a piece of eraser then scraping the pit formed by the contact point with the tip of a screwdriver or tweezers.

Carefully reinstall the contact strip then reassemble everything in reverse. Test the toggle on the circuit card before proceeding past this point.
Everything should work good as new.

If the switch was filled with the kids pop or juice, use alcohol and some Q-tips to clean the board once dissasembled. The contact strip where it meets the toggle can be re-lubed with di-electric grease or chapstick.